Massimo Magnani (University of Parma - Italy: https://www.unipr.it/ugov/person/21578)
Curriculum vitae et studiorum
- Born in Bologna, 6.12.1968.
- 1986/1987: school degree at the “Liceo Ginnasio Statale M. Minghetti” of Bologna (60/60).
- 1991/1992: graduated in Classics at the Humanities Faculty of the University of Bologna (110/110 magna cum laude and dignity of publication of the dissertation).
- PhD in Greek and Latin Philology at the Dept. of Classics of the University of Bologna (academic years 1992/1993-1994/1995). Title of the PhD dissertation: “La tradizione manoscritta diretta degli Eraclidi di Euripide”.
- Master in Digital Humanities of the University of Bologna (1995/1996).
- Post-Doc Scholarship, granted by the University of Bologna: Philologisches Seminar, Karls-Eberhard-Universität Tübingen (supervisor: Prof. Dr. Richard Kannicht, 1997/1998).
- Scholarship for “III Nachwuchsforum-Graduiertenkolleg” Philologisches Seminar, Hamburg Universität (October-November 1997);
- Research fellow of the Dept. of Classics of the University of Parma (September 1999-August 2003).
- Lecturer (L-FIL-LET/02, “Ancient Greek Literature and Language”), University of Parma (D.R. n. 1190, 3 July 2003), from February 2004 to October 2010.
- Associate Professor (L-FIL-LET/02, “Ancient Greek Literature and Language”), University of Parma, since November 2010.
- National Scientific Qualification (ASN) “I fascia [= Full Professor]” 2012 (20.12.2013-20.12.2019) and 2016 (3.8.2018-3.8.2024).
- Full Professor (L-FIL-LET/02, “Ancient Greek Literature and Language”), University of Parma, since January 2020.
Current academic responsibilities:
- Secretary of the PhD School of Humanities.
- Member of the advisory board of the PhD course “Philological, literary, historical, philosophical and artistic sciences”.
- Member of the UniPr Working Group for lesson times and space allocation (didactics): from June 13, 2019 until today.
- Member of the UniPr Working Group on Internation Relationships: from 1.1.2019 to the present day.
- Member of the Quality Assurance Presidium: from 25.10.2019.
Department of Humanities, Social and Cultural Enterprises:
- Delegate for Didactics: since 23.07.2019.
- Coordinator of the Unit ‘Classics’: since 30.10.2019.
- Member of the Board of the Department: since 1.1.2017.
- Department Coordinator for the IDEA Project.
- “Ancient Greek Literature” (First Cycle Degree “Humanities” and Second Cycle Degree “Classical and Modern Philology and Literature”) and “Didactics of the Ancient Greek Language and Culture” (Second Cycle Degree); supervision of ca. 90 dissertations (FA, BA, PhD).
Financed research projects:
- “The Greek mss. of the ‘fondo De Rossi’ - Biblioteca Palatina of Parma: the digitization project” (principal investigator).
- MIUR-DAAD Joint Mobility Program 2017: “Digitizing literary and paraliterary papyri: textual encoding and linguistic annotation” (principal investigator, with Holger Essler, Institut für klassische Philologie -Würzburg Universität).
- Erasmus+ Call 2020 KA2 Strategic Partnership: Bridging the in Ancient Writing Cultures: ENhance COmpetences in the Digital Era (ENCODE). Coordinatore: Alice Bencivenni (Alma Mater Studiorum - Università di Bologna). Lista di partners (contact person): Alma Mater Studiorum - Università di Bologna (Alice Bencivenni), Università di Parma (Massimo Magnani), Universität Wurzburg (Holger Essler), Universität Hamburg (Pietro Liuzzo), Universitetet i Oslo (Federico Aurora), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Mark Depauw).
- FFABR (Funding for Basic Activities Related to Research) 2017 award.
- Fellow of the The Siebold-Collegium - Institute for Advanced Studies of Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg (SCIAS).
Publications: see "desktop prodotti".