- Curriculum Vitae
• 1995: University of Messina, degree in Chimica e Tecnologie Farmaceutiche (110/110 cum laude). Experimental thesis: “I Polimetossiflavoni del residuo non volatile degli olii essenziali di arancia dolce (Citrus sinensis (L.), Osbeck) e di mandarino (Citrus reticulata, Blanco)”.
• 1989: Classical High School Diploma.
• 2007: Researcher at the University of Parma, Department of Chemistry. Lecturer of “Analytical Chemistry” at the course “Scienze e Tecnologie Alimentari”.
• 2006-2007: research activity at the Department of Public Health and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”. Development of new diagnostic procedures for evaluation of infectious diseases.
• 1999–2006: research activity at the Department of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”. Study of enzyme kinetics by in-vitro assays on biological fluids and cell cultures. Development of analytical methods for separation and identification of peptides and amino acids. Project about “Enzymatic degradation of tumour antigen epitopes to be used as vaccines”, in collaboration with the University of Basel.
• 1999: research activity at the Institute of Chromatography, C.N.R. Area della Ricerca di Roma - Montelibretti (fellowship by Comitato per le Scienze Chimiche).
• 1998-1999: research activity at the School of Chemistry, University of Leeds (UK). Project: “Analysis of flavonoids in essential oils by electrochromatography”.
• 1996-1998: research activity at the C.N.R. Institute of Chromatography, Area della Ricerca di Roma - Montelibretti. Experience on analytical chemistry (chromatographic and electrophoretic techniques) applied to sugars and amino acids detection in food products for quality markers identification in several products (sweeteners, milk, honey, beer).
• 1997-2007: teacher of Food chemistry, Informatics, Environmental Chemistry at the high school “A. Diaz” of Rome.
• 1996: research activity at the University La Sapienza, Rome (fellowship by Fondazione Bonino-Pulejo, Messina) for a project regarding method developments for carbohydrates separation and quantitation by chromatography and capillary electrophoresis.
• 1995-1996: research activity at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Messina. Experience on analytical chemistry (chromatographic techniques) applied to food products as essential oils, fats, grapes, wines, fruit juices.
LANGUAGES AND INFORMATICS
Good knowledge of informatics.
• II° classified for best poster award at the Congresso Internazionale “Euro Food Chem IX”, Interlaken (Svitzerland), September 1997.
• II° classified for best poster award at the “22nd International Symposium on Chromatography”, Rome, September 1998.
Author (in collaboration) of 56 articles on international journals, 2 book chapters, 23 proceedings, and 63 communications at national and international congresses.
Completion accademic year: 2019/2020
- Course year: 1 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - CHEMISTRY - A.Y.: 2019/2020
- Course year: 3 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - LIVESTOSK SCIENCE AND ANIMAL PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGIES - A.Y.: 2017/2018
Completion accademic year: 2018/2019
- Course year: 1 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - CHEMISTRY - A.Y.: 2018/2019
Completion accademic year: 2016/2017
- Course year: 1 - Second cycle degree - Genomic, Molecular and Industrial Biotechnologies - A.Y.: 2016/2017
Completion accademic year: 2015/2016
- Course year: 2 - Full cicle (5 years) - PHARMACY - A.Y.: 2014/2015
Analytical screening of marine algal toxins for seafood safety assessment in a protected Mediterranean shallow water environmentYear: 2019Author/s: Mattarozzi, Monica, Cavazza, Antonella, Calfapietra, Anna, Cangini, Monica, Pigozzi, Silvia, Bianchi, Federica, Careri, Maria
Macroalgae to Nanoparticles: study of Ulva lactuca L. role in biosynthesis of gold and silver
nanoparticles and of their cytotoxicity on colon cancer cell linesYear: 2019Author/s: Noelia González-Ballesteros, M. Carmen Rodríguez-Argüelles, Sonia Prado-López, Mariano Lastra, Maria Grimaldi, Antonella Cavazza, Lucia Nasi, Giancarlo Salviati, Franca Bigi
Immunostimulant and biocompatible gold and silver nanoparticles synthesized using the Ulva intestinalis L. aqueous extractYear: 2019Author/s: N. Gonza´lez-Ballesteros, L. Diego-Gonza´lez, M. Lastra-Valdor, M. C. Rodrı´guez-Arguelles, M. Grimaldi, A. Cavazza, F. Bigi, R. Simo´n-Va´zquez b
Olive leaves microencapsulated polyphenols as functional ingredient to prolong oxidative stability of biscuitsYear: 2019Author/s: Maria Paciulli, Maria Grimaldi, Federica Flamminii, Paola Littardi, Antonella Cavazza, Carla Di Mattia, Massimiliano Rinaldi, Eleonora Carini, Paola Pittia, Paola Ornaghi, Emma Chiavaro
Acrylamide determination in baked potatoes by HPLC–MS: effect of steam and correlation with colour indicesYear: 2019Author/s: Chiara Bignardi, Antonella Cavazza, Maria Grimaldi, Carmen Laganà, Chiara Manzi, Massimiliano Rinaldi, Claudio Corradini