- Curriculum Vitae
Stefania Conti, born in Collecchio (Parma, Italy) on December 26, 1956, received her degree with honors in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Parma, Italy, in 1985, and her post-graduate degree in Microbiology at the same University in 1989.
Researcher since 1991, she is from January 2005 Full Professor in Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology at the University of Parma, lecturing in various degree and post-degree courses, and currently serving as coordinator of the teacher board of the Research Doctorate programme in Molecular Medicine of the same University.
She has been involved in research projects funded by national and international Institutions, and has co-authored approximately 150 publications, including international journals and book chapters.
She is currently acting as scientific director of the confocal microscopy laboratory at the Department of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Parma.
She is a member of the Editorial Board of Scientific Reports and Revista Iberoamericana de Micología.
Her research activity, in the fields of medical microbiology and immunology, particularly referred to the yeast killer phenomenon, the expression of yeast stress mannoproteins reactive with secretory IgA, the production of microbicidal monoclonal antibodies, and the development of vaccines against aflatoxins. Her main scientific activity is now devoted to the evaluation of the antimicrobial and antiviral properties of naturally occurring or antibody-derived peptides for the development of new classes of therapeutics active against infectious diseases.
She is a member of the Italian Society for Microbiology, the Italian Federation for Human and Animal Mycopathology, the European Confederation of Medical Mycology and the International Society for Human and Animal Mycology.
She acts as a reviewer for various mycological and microbiological international journals.
Completion accademic year: 2019/2020
Completion accademic year: 2018/2019
Completion accademic year: 2017/2018
Completion accademic year: 2016/2017
Completion accademic year: 2015/2016
- Course year: 1 - Second cycle degree - THEORY AND METHODS OF PREVENTIVE AND ADAPTED PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES - A.Y.: 2015/2016
- Course year: 3 - Full cicle (5 years) - PHARMACY - A.Y.: 2013/2014
- Course year: 2 - Full cicle (6 years) - Medicine and Surgery - A.Y.: 2014/2015
Completion accademic year: 2014/2015
- Course year: 2 - Full cicle (6 years) - Medicine and Surgery - A.Y.: 2013/2014
- Course year: 1 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - Midwifery - A.Y.: 2014/2015
- Course year: 1 - Second cycle degree - THEORY AND METHODS OF PREVENTIVE AND ADAPTED PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES - A.Y.: 2014/2015
- Full cicle (6 years) MEDICINE AND SURGERY A.Y. 2020/2021
- Full cicle (6 years) MEDICINE AND SURGERY A.Y. 2019/2020
- Full cicle (6 years) MEDICINE AND SURGERY A.Y. 2018/2019
- Full cicle (6 years) MEDICINE AND SURGERY A.Y. 2017/2018
- Full cicle (6 years) Medicine and Surgery A.Y. 2016/2017
- Full cicle (6 years) Medicine and Surgery A.Y. 2015/2016
- Full cicle (5 years) PHARMACY A.Y. 2014/2015
Year: 2019Author/s: Sala, Arianna, Ardizzoni, Andrea, Ciociola, Tecla, Magliani, Walter, Conti, Stefania, Blasi, Elisabetta, Cermelli, Claudio
Antimicrobial effect on candida albicans biofilm bapplication of different wavelengths and dyes and the synthetic killer decapeptide KPYear: 2019Author/s: Merigo E., Chevalier M., Conti S., Ciociola T., Fornaini C., Manfredi M., Vescovi P., Doglio A.
Antimicrobial photodynamic therapy protocols on streptococcus mutans with different combinations of wavelengths and photosensitizing dyesYear: 2019Author/s: Merigo E., Conti S., Ciociola T., Manfredi M., Vescovi P., Fornaini C.
Year: 2019Author/s: T. Ciociola, T. A. Pertinhez, L. Giovati, W. Magliani, A. Spisni, L. Polonelli, S. Conti
Candidacidal activity of a novel killer toxin from Wickerhamomyces anomalus against fluconazole-susceptible and -resistant strainsYear: 2018Author/s: Giovati, Laura, Santinoli, Claudia, Ferrari, Elena, Ciociola, Tecla, Martin, Elena, Bandi, Claudio, Ricci, Irene, Epis, Sara, Conti, Stefania