- Curriculum Vitae
Family name Arfini
Born in: Parma 07/06/1960
Adress : Via Pier Viotti, 12, 43100 Parma
Phone 0039 0521 902496
Fax 0039 0521 902498
Email filippo.arfini @unipr.it
1. Academic career
Actual position: Associate Professor, Department of Economics, University of Parma, Italy.
(1987) Degree in Agriculture Sciences at the University of Bologna.
(1993) Dottorato di Ricerca (Italian PhD) in "Mountain Economy and the forest wood systems and environment", at the University of Trento, .
(1992) Assistant Professor in Agriculture Economics.
(1993) Visiting professor at University of California in Davis (UCD).
(2001) Associate Professor in Economy and Management of Agro-industrial firms.
2. Teaching activity
2.1 Lecturing at the Faculty of Economics, University of Parma.
During years 2000/01 and 2001/02 lecturing in “Economy and Management of Agro-industrial firms”.
During years 2002/03 and 2003/04, with the introduction in Italy of National University reform system, lecturing of followings topics:
Undergraduate level: Quantitative methodologies for agribusiness sector,
Economics of rural development,
Graduate level: Economics of typical and traditional food productions.
From year 2004 lecturing of “Economics of rural development and Agricultural Policies".
2.2 Lecturing at Master Course
From years 2001/02 at the Faculty of Economics, University of Parma he is lecturing in several Master Course:
• Master in “Trade and Logistics of agro-food products” (Faculty of Economics), lecturing on “Typical products management ;
• Master in “Marketing e management” (Faculty of Economics), lecturing on “Marketing of typical products”;
• Master in “Local development” (Faculty of Economics), lecturing on “European Common Agricultural Policies and Rural Development”;
• Corso di Perfezionamento (Intensive short course) of Department of Economics (Year 2006, 2007, 2009): coordinator and lecturing on “Introduction to GAMS for evaluating CAP reform by quantitative analysis”
2.3 Lecturing in Master Course at International level
• CIHEAM-Saragozza (years 2003, 2005, 2006): Master on “Quality assurance in agro-food marketing: normative, system and business applications”, lecturing in: “Quality certification system: different legal system and private initiative”
- University of Wageningen (2007): lecturing on “Modelling agricultural Policies using PMP” in the framework of Short Intenive Course of CARERA “Intensive course on Modelling Agricultural Policies” for PhD Students.
3. Research Activities
He is involved in scientific research activity from 1988 following three main fields of research:
1. The first one concerns the study of methodologies (mainly based on mathematical programming) useful to analyse the impact of the different agricultural policies (mainly Common Agriculture Policies derived from EU), at farm level but also at regional and national level
2. The second focus on the socio-economic analysis of food quality products (organic, GIs, PDO/PGI, regional products, etc.) and Quality Assurance Scheme on the food chain looking at their implications on firm strategy, on food chain, on agribusiness impact and on the whole economic level.
3. the third is related to the analysis of the social economics factors that influence economic development at local /rural level.
From 1990 he participates to numerous working unit constituted by Istituto Nazionale di Economia Agraria (INEA) on the issue related to the development of mathematical models used in the analysis of the measures of agricultural policies at national and European level. Concerning this field of research he has participating, as a member, in a National research project for the analysis of the effects of the removal of the milk quotas in Europe (1999) and a National research project on the topic of "Agricultural negotiation and CAP reform” (2001).
He has also experience in EU research project where he has participated as member of research unit and as coordinator to several EU research projects focusing on analysis of introduction of new policy addressed to the agriculture sector and to introduction of Quality issue on agribusiness sector especially typical and traditional products. In the last years he was involved in the followed EU Project :
• (2000-2003) Concerted Action DOLPHINS on the analyse of the socioeconomic problems and characteristics of typical and traditional problems at EU level whit special references to WTO negotiation on GIs products. In this research it has makes part of the Steering Committee and was responsible of one Working Packaging.
• (2003-2006) research project WELFARE QUALITY, on the analysis of the strategy of Modern Distribution respect to Animal welfare products. In particular to evaluate the organisation and the reaction of AW food chains respect private and public strategy and rule of private and public quality signs addressed to AW products. In this project he has the responsibility of Parma Unit;
• (2004-2007) Research project GENEDEC, on the socio economic evaluations of the introductions of decoupling in European Common Agricultural Policies, by means of models and qualitative analysis. This research is carried on European scale focusing on FADN regions and on agro-food chain reactions. In this project he has the responsibility of one work packaging (socioeconomic evaluation of decoupling on quality food chain).
• (2005-2008) research project SINERGI, on the analysis of GIs food product at international level, under different institutional and market frames in former and acceding EU Member states and in Third countries. The objective of the project is to the formulation of a robust analytical framework and of internationally relevant monitoring indicators tested by case-study approach. In this project he is member of the Steering Committee of the project.
• (2006-2007) research project CARERA, on the evaluation of CAP reform on rural development by means of models, and in particular to analyse the impact on Local Working System in different EU Regions. In this project he has the resposability to coordinate one work packaging and he is member of the Steering Committee of the project.
Farm Accountancy Cost Estimation and Policy Analysis of European Agriculture
The FACEPA project develops tools and methods to analyse production costs in European agriculture using FADN (Farm Accountancy Data Network) data. It will provide information, expertise and economic models on cost of production for various agricultural products. The research work is performed by 10 partners in 10 EU countries and receives funding from the European Community’s Seventh Framework Programme [FP7/2007-2013] under grant agreement no. 212292. Project coordinator: Professor Yves Surry, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
He has organized three EAAE Seminar and published as Editor the related proceedings:
• 52nd EAAE Seminar “Typical and traditional products, rural effect and agro-industrial problems” (Parma, 1998), Editor with C. Mora,
• 67th EAAE Seminar “The socio-economics of Origin Labelled Products in agro-food supply chains: spatial, institutional and co-ordination aspect”, (Le Mans, 1999), Editor with B. Sylvander and D. Barjolle;
• 89th EAAE Seminar “Modelling agricultural policies: state of the art and new challenges”;
From 2008 he is elected member of Board of the EAAE.
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2020/2021
- Course year: 2 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - FOOD SYSTEM: MANAGEMENT, SUSTAINABILITY AND TECHNOLOGIES - A.Y.: 2019/2020
- Course year: 2 - Second cycle degree - FOOD QUALITY SYSTEMS AND GASTRONOMY MANAGEMENT - A.Y.: 2019/2020
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2019/2020
- Course year: 2 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - Food System: Management, Sustainability and Technologies - A.Y.: 2018/2019
- Course year: 1 - Second cycle degree - FOOD QUALITY SYSTEMS AND GASTRONOMY MANAGEMENT - A.Y.: 2019/2020
- Course year: 2 - Second cycle degree - GESTIONE DEI SISTEMI ALIMENTARI DI QUALITA' E DELLA GASTRONOMIA - A.Y.: 2018/2019
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2018/2019
- Course year: 2 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - Food System: Management, Sustainability and Technologies - A.Y.: 2017/2018
- Course year: 1 - Second cycle degree - GESTIONE DEI SISTEMI ALIMENTARI DI QUALITA' E DELLA GASTRONOMIA - A.Y.: 2018/2019
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2017/2018
- Course year: 2 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - Food System: Management, Sustainability and Technologies - A.Y.: 2016/2017
- Course year: 3 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT - A.Y.: 2015/2016
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2016/2017
- Course year: 3 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT - A.Y.: 2014/2015
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2015/2016
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2014/2015
- Course year: 1 - Second cycle degree - INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AND DEVELOPMENT - A.Y.: 2014/2015
- Second cycle degree FOOD QUALITY SYSTEMS AND GASTRONOMY MANAGEMENT A.Y. 2020/2021
- Second cycle degree FOOD QUALITY SYSTEMS AND GASTRONOMY MANAGEMENT A.Y. 2019/2020
- First cycle degree (DM 270) Food System: Management, Sustainability and Technologies A.Y. 2018/2019
- First cycle degree (DM 270) Food System: Management, Sustainability and Technologies A.Y. 2017/2018
- Second cycle degree INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AND DEVELOPMENT A.Y. 2016/2017
- First cycle degree (DM 270) ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT A.Y. 2015/2016
- First cycle degree (DM 270) Food System: Management, Sustainability and Technologies A.Y. 2016/2017
Year: 2019Author/s: Arfini, Filippo, COZZI, ELENA, Mancini, Maria Cecilia, Ferrer-Perez, Hugo, Gil, José María
Producers' and consumers' perception of the sustainability of short food supply chains: The case of Parmigiano Reggiano PDOYear: 2019Author/s: Mancini, Maria Cecilia, Menozzi, Davide, Donati, Michele, Biasini, Beatrice, Veneziani, Mario, Arfini, Filippo
Year: 2019Author/s: Mancini M. C, Arfini F., Guareschi M.
Year: 2019Author/s: Arfini F., Antonioli F., Cozzi E., Donati M., GUARESCHI, MARIANNA, Mancini M. C., Veneziani M.
Year: 2019Author/s: Arfini, Filippo, Antonioli, Federico, Donati, Michele, Gorton, Matthew, Mancini, Maria Cecilia, Tocco, Barbara, Veneziani, Mario