- Curriculum Vitae
- Office hour
Born in Parma on July 7th, 1969
ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0001-8669-6114
Bibliometric parameters: 1086 citations, H-index 20 (Google Scholar)
- Ph.D. in Road, Railways and Airport Building, certified equivalent to Ph.D. in Civil Engineering in the USA Higher Education system, Università degli Studi di Ancona (now Università Politecnica delle Marche), 2000
- Degree in Civil Engineering (degree antecedent Bologna Process and equivalent to B. S. and M.S. combined), Università degli Studi di Parma, 1996
- National Scientific Qualification for Full Professor Position (sector 08/A3 – ICAR04) awarded in November 2017
- Associate Professor in Construction of Road, Railways and Airport (ICAR04) at Department of Engineering and Architecture (previously Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering & Architecture) of University of Parma, since March 2015
- Adjunct Professor (Graduate Faculty) at Engineering School for Sustainable Infrastructures and Environment of University of Florida in force of a Cooperative Agreement between Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering & Architecture of University of Parma and Engineering School for Sustainable Infrastructures and Environment of University of Florida, since 2012
- Visiting Professor at Department of Civil & Coastal Engineering of University of Florida, from January 2011 to 2011
- Assistant Professor at Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering & Architecture of University of Parma, January 2005 – February 2015 (Tenure Awarded in 2008, National Scientific Qualification for Associate Professor Position awarded in April 2014)
- Visiting Researcher at Department of Civil Engineering of University of Minnesota (USA), from January 2001 to March 2001
- Associate Researcher at Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering & Architecture of University of Parma, July 2000 – June 2004
- Member of the Board of Faculty of PhD Program in Civil Engineering (University of Parma), since 2005
- Delegate for Erasmus Program for Civil and Environmental Engineering area, from 2008 to 2016
- Chairman of the Committee for Students’ International Mobility of Department of Engineering and Architecture, since January 2017
- Winner of Walter J. Emmons 2011 of Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists for the paper The Role of Fillers on Cracking Behavior of Mastics and Asphalt Mixtures.
- Winner of Walter J. Emmons 2012 of Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists for the paper Effects of Interface Condition Characteristics on Open-Graded Friction Course Top-Down Cracking Performance, (first and at today only European researcher winner for two time).
- Winner of President’s Award of Recognition of Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists in 2020 for the international activities of divulgation of culture on asphalt technology.
- Installed as RILEM Fellow by the General Council of RILEM - International Union of Laboratories and Experts in Construction Materials, System and Structures in 2020
- AAPT - Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, member since 2001
International representative in the Board of Directors, 2014 – 2019
- ISAP – International Society for Asphalt Pavements, member since 2004
Member of the Board of Directors, since 2011
1st Past Chair of the Board of Directors, 2017 - 2018
Chair of the Board of Directors, 2015 – 2016
Vice Chair of the Board of Directors, 2013 – 2014
Co-Chair and founder member of Technical Committee on Asphalt Pavements and Environment since 2008
- RILEM – International Union of Laboratories and Experts in Construction Materials, System and Structures Senior Member #8907 since 2010
Member of Technical Committee on Testing and Characterization of Sustainable Innovative Bituminous Materials and Systems (Chairman: Manfred Partl) - Chairman of Task Group 6 on Cold Recycling, 2010 – 2016
Member of Technical Committee on Mechanisms of Cracking and Debonding in Asphalt and Composite Pavements (Chairman: William Buttlar) - Chairman of Task Group 3 on Advanced Measurement Systems for Crack Characterization, 2011 – 2017
Chairman of Technical Committee on Asphalt Pavement Recycling, May 1st 2015 – present
- TRB - Transport Research Board of USA National Research Council.
International Expert Member of Technical Committee on Pavement Rehabilitation, 2014 - 2017
International Expert Member of Technical Committee on Pavement Maintenance, 2009 – 2017
International Expert Member of Technical Committee on General and Emerging Pavement Design, 2017 - 2020
- EATA - European Association of Asphalt Technologists: Member of the Steering Committee, since 2011
- SIIV – Società Italiana Infrastrutture Viarie: member since 2003
- Conferences on the Bearing Capacity of Roads, Railways and Airfields: Member of the International Advisory Committee of, since January 2017
- Coordinator of Working Group of Directorate General of Ministry of Environment for application of Green Public Procurement criteria at roads and pavements construction, 2010 – 2016
- European Commission - Joint Research Centre Sustainable Production and Consumption Unit - Member of Ad Hoc Working Group for the revision of the EU Green Public Procurement Criteria, 2014 – 2016
Editor in chief of Road Materials and Pavement Design (ISSN 1468-0629) since 2019
Associated Editor of Material and Structure (ISSN: 1359-5997), since 2017
Chairman or Co-Chairman in more than 15 conferences, Chairman or Member of the Scientific Committee for more than 20 conferences, Invited Speaker in more than 20 Seminars and Workshops
- Keynote speaker at RILEM International Symposium on Bituminous Materials, 2020
- By Invitation of Japan Road Association Special Lecturer at 4th International Symposium on Asphalt Pavements and Environment, 2017
- By invitation of Department of Civil Engineering of University of Minnesota, Lecturer in the Warren Lectures Program 2015.
- By invitation of Associação Brasileira de Pavimentação (Brazilian Pavement Association), Keynote Speaker at 41ª Reunião Anual de Pavimentação – RAPv (41st Brazilian Annual Pavement Conference), 2012
Mechanical characterization and performance evaluation of bituminous materials.
Design of high performances bituminous materials
Advanced methods for strain analysis and for crack detection.
Fracture mechanics in bituminous materials
Validation and calibration of mechanical and micromechanical models of bituminous materials.
Hot, warm and cold recycling of reclaimed asphalt pavements and bituminous stabilized materials.
Use by-products in embankment and pavements.
Lime and cement stabilization of soils.
Pavement design, pavement analysis.
Sustainability of road construction.
Resilient pavements and resilient infrastructures
Meetings with students are by appointment
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2021/2022
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2020/2021
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2019/2020
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2018/2019
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2017/2018
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2016/2017
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2015/2016
- Second cycle degree CIVIL ENGINEERING A.Y. 2021/2022
- Second cycle degree CIVIL ENGINEERING A.Y. 2020/2021
- Second cycle degree CIVIL ENGINEERING A.Y. 2019/2020
- Second cycle degree CIVIL ENGINEERING A.Y. 2018/2019
- Second cycle degree CIVIL ENGINEERING A.Y. 2017/2018
- Second cycle degree INGEGNERIA CIVILE A.Y. 2016/2017
- Second cycle degree INGEGNERIA CIVILE A.Y. 2015/2016
Evaluation of the role of reclaimed asphalt pavement preheating on cracking behavior of hot mix asphalt recycled mixtures by digital image analysisYear: 2022Author/s: ROBERTO, ANTONIO, ROMEO, Elena, TEBALDI, Gabriele, MONTEPARA, Antonio
Year: 2021Author/s: PRETI, FRANCESCO, ROMEO, Elena, TEBALDI, Gabriele
Year: 2020Author/s: TEBALDI, Gabriele, ROMEO, Elena
Influence of high-surface-area hydrated lime on cracking performance of open-graded asphalt mixturesYear: 2020Author/s: PRETI, FRANCESCO, ACCARDO, CORRADO, ROMEO, Elena, TEBALDI, Gabriele
Year: 2019Author/s: ROMEO, Elena, ACCARDO, CORRADO, NOTO, STEFANO, TEBALDI, Gabriele
Parco Area delle Scienze, 181/A