- Curriculum Vitae
Born on October 17th, 1968.
Graduated cum Laude in Chemistry, Bioorganic degree, in 1993 at the University of Parma discussing the thesis “Synthesis of calixarene based receptors for polar organic molecules”.
In 1992 spent a three months period of research in the group of Prof. David Reinhoudt at the Twente University of Enschede (NL) working on hydrogen bonding self-assembling structures.
In the period 1994-1997, PhD degree in Supramolecular Chemistry at Parma University under the supervision of Prof. Rocco Ungaro. PhD title in 1998 discussing the thesis “Calixarene Macrocycles Functionalised whit Carbohydrates and Amino Acids: Synthesis, Structure and Recognition Properties”
In 1995 spent a four months period of research in the laboratories of Professor A. Dondoni at the University of Ferrara working on synthetic aspects of carbohydrate chemistry.
In 1998 fellowship financed by the European Community (Euratom Action in FP4) on the Project "Treatment and Disposal of Radioactive Waste" aimed at the synthesis of new ionophores based on calixarenes for the treatment of radioactive waste.
From 1999 to September 2014 Researcher at the Department of Organic and Industrial Chemsitry of Parma University.
In 2010 (April 18th – May 1st) visiting researcher in the group of Prof. W.-D. Fessner at the Technische Universität Darmstadt (Germania) to develop chemo-enzymatic procedures for the functionalization of glycocalixarenes.
Since October 1st, 2014, Associate Professor of Organic Chemistry at the Departemnt of Chemistry of Parma University, nowadays Department of Chemistry, Life Sciences and Environmental Sustainability, recently awarded by MIUR as Department of Excellence and funded with more than 9,300,000 €.
In April 2017 obtained the National Scientific Qualification for the role of Full Professor in Organic Chemistry.
- Principal Investigator in the Project “New non-viral molecular vectors for gene therapy: synthesis, physico-chemical properties and biological activity” (2007.7.1-2010.6.30), co-funded by Cassa di Risparmio di Parma Foundation with 120,000 €. Units involved: 4.
- Co-Director in the Project "Portable Sensors for Unmanned Explosive Detection" (15.02.2018-15.02.2021), funded by NATO with 368,000 €. Units involved: 3
Participants in italian
- PRIN Project 2001038212 "Calixareni funzionalizzati nel riconoscimento molecolare, nella catalisi biomimetica e nei dispositivi supramolecolari" (12/12/2001-19/1/2004);
- PRIN Project 2002032472 "Funzionalizzazione Selettiva di Calixareni e Sintesi di Glicoconiugati" (16/12/2002-18/1/2005);
- PRIN Project 2003030309 "Dispositivi supramolecolari basati sui calixareni" (20/11/2003-14/12/2005);
- PRIN Project 200858SA98 "Glicocluster a base calixarenica selettivi per le galectine come agenti terapeutici e diagnostici" (22/3/2010-22/9/2012);
- PRIN Project 2010-2011 2010JMAZML "Italian network for the development of multivalent nanosystems (MULTINANOITA)" (1/02/13 – 01/02/16);
- FIRB Project RBNE01J4Z "Molecole innovative ad attività antiflogistica ed antitumorale prodotte con metodologie chimiche avanzate"
- FIRB Project RBNE019H9K "Manipolazione molecolare per macchine nanometriche"
- FIRB Project RBFR10Y5VW "Studio del flusso di energia e di carica in nuovi sistemi multicromoforici sintetizzati ad hoc, di complessità controllata e crescente: verso sistemi intelligenti per la fotovoltaica organica" (08/03/12 – 08/03/15);
and in international
- Project “New Shapes for Molecular Recognition and Catalysis based on Chiral Building Blocks and Calixarenes”, European Program COST ACTION D7 (1994-1996);
- Project ERBFMRXCT980231 “Towards an Understanding of Carbohydrate Recognition in Aqueous Media”, Training and Mobility for Researchers Program (1.4.1998-31.3.2002);
- Project “Synthetic Receptors for the Stereoselective Recognition of Chiral Anions: Design, Synthesis and Evaluation of Structure-Enantioseparation Relationships”, European Program COST ACTION D11 (1998-2002);
- Project “Rational design of glycomimetics” (2001 - 2003), European Program COST ACTION D13-012;
- Project “New Molecules Towards Human Health Care”, European Program COST ACTION D13 (22.9.2001-22.9.2004);
- Project HPRN-CT2002-00190 "Carbohydrate Based Ligands for Nucleic Acids Recognition" (Carbona), Research Training and Mobility Program(1.6.2002-31.5-2006);
- Project “Molecular Tectonics Approach of Porous Crystalline Materials”, European Program COST ACTION D31/0017/05 (27.2.2004-26.2.2009);
- Project “Multivalent Ligands for Cholera Toxin Inhibition and Sensing”, European Program COST ACTION D34/0001/05 (24.6.2005-23.6.2010);
- Project COST Action CM1005 “Supramolecular Chemistry in Water” (31/03/2011-30/03/2015);
- Project “Multivalent Glycosystems for Nanoscience – MultiGlycoNano”, European Program COST ACTION CM1102 (11/07/11 – 11/06/15);
- Project FP5-RTD: Selective Extraction Of Minor Actinides From High Activity Liquid Waste By Organised Matrices - CalixPart FIKW-CT2000-00088 (1.9.2000-31.1.2004);
- Project FP6-Fission-2004 Selective extractants for removal of minor actinides from high activity liquid wastes – EUROPART FI6W-CT-2003-508 854 (1.4.2004-30.6.2007);
- Project FP7-Fission-2007: Actinide reCycling by SEParation and Transmutation, ACSEPT (1.3.2008-30.09.2012);
- Project FP7-Fission: Safety of ACtinide SEparation proceSSes, SACSESS (01/03/13 – 30/06/16);
- Project Horizon 2020, Euratom, 755171-GENIORS (2017- ).
From 2012 to 2015 substitute Member for Italy in the Management Committee of the COST ACTION CM1102 “Multivalent Glycosystems for Nanoscience – MultiGlycoNano” Project.
Participant in applied projects funded since 2008 by ENI (426,000 € overall) and aimed at the development of additives for fuels and lubricants.
Referent Local Person at the Department for the National Project “Piano Nazionale Lauree Scientifiche”- Chemistry Area (2015-2018) funded by the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) with about 75,000 €
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS
His current research is mainly focused on the synthesis of calixarene derivatives functionalised with amino acids, small peptides, carbohydrates, guanidinium groups, in order to obtain receptors for biologically relevant molecules, and multichromophoric systems for organic photovoltaics. In particular the design and synthesis of receptors for peptides and carbohydrates and of glycosylated calixarenes as ligands for target proteins is addressed to obtain biologically active molecules. He studies the properties of these macrocycles in particular by NMR and ESI-MS spectrometries and Atomic Force Microscopy.
Currently co-author of 94 publications on peer reviewed international journals, 11 peer reviewed chapters on international books and encyclopedia, 5 among patents and pending patents
H-index (at 2018.02.26, Source: Scopus): 33
Citations WsC (at 2018.02.26, Source: Scopus): 3576
Presented 34 oral communications, 8 of which as invited speaker and 1 as plenary lecture, at national and international congresses.
Co-author of more than 140 poster communications, 3 of which awarded as best poster presentation of the congress.
- for the following journals: Chem. Commun., Chem. Soc. Rev., RCS Adv., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Org. Lett., Eur. J. Org. Chem., Langmuir, Bioconj. Chem., Langmuir, Beilstein J. Org. Chem., Biochimie, ACS Sust. Chem. Eng., ACS Adv. Mat. Interf., Nanoscale, Small, Supramol. Chem., J. Incl. Phen., Bioorg. Med. Chem., Tetrahedron, Tetrahedron Lett., Nanomaterials, Nanoscience, Eur. J. Med. Chem., Biochimie, Colloids and Surfaces a, Chemistry of Materials, J. Nanopart. Research, J. Nanosc. Nanotech., PlosOne, BioNanoScience, ISRN Organic Chemistry, Therapeutic Delivery, Mendeleev Commun., Theranostics, Int. J. Nanomed., Molecules, Scientific Reports, New J. Chem.
- for UE of ERC project as external referee, for the Czech Science Foundation, for the Polish National Science Centre, for Start Cup Veneto.
- for PhD thesis
From 2011 to 2014 Member of the “ISRN Organic Chemistry” (Hindawi Publishing Corporation) Editorial Board.
▪ Delegate of Department for Public Engagement Activities
▪ Coordinator of the Chemistry Degree Committee for the University Guidance of high school students (2015-to date)
▪ Member of the Senate of University of Parma as representative of Researchers (2012-2014)
▪ Member of the University Committee for the writing of the Statute (2012)
▪ Member of the Organizing Committee of the IX Italian National Congress of Supramolecular Chemistry (2009)
▪ Substitute Member for Italy in the Management Committee of the EU COST ACTION CM1102 “Multivalent Glycosystems for Nanoscience – MultiGlycoNano” Project (2012-2015)
▪ Member of the Board of the PhD Program in Chemical Sciences at the University of Parma (2010 - to date)
▪ Courses of Bioorganic Chemistry for Master Degrees in Chemistry, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
▪ Courses of Bioorganic Chemistry and Laboratory of Organic Chemistry for Bachelor and Master Degrees in Chemistry and Biotechnology
▪ Tutor for the thesis of Bachelor, Master and PhD students
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2021/2022
- Course year: 1 - Second cycle degree - CHEMISTRY - A.Y.: 2021/2022
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2020/2021
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2019/2020
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2018/2019
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2017/2018
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2016/2017
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2015/2016
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2014/2015
- Second cycle degree CHEMISTRY A.Y. 2021/2022
- Second cycle degree CHEMISTRY A.Y. 2020/2021
- SCIENZE CHIMICHE A.Y. 2020/2021
- Second cycle degree CHEMISTRY A.Y. 2019/2020
- Second cycle degree CHEMISTRY A.Y. 2018/2019
- Second cycle degree CHEMISTRY A.Y. 2017/2018
- Second cycle degree CHEMISTRY A.Y. 2016/2017
- Second cycle degree CHEMISTRY A.Y. 2015/2016
- Second cycle degree Chemistry A.Y. 2014/2015
Synthesis, self-assembly and anticancer drug encapsulation and delivery properties of cyclodextrin-based giant amphiphilesYear: 2021Author/s: SANSONE, Francesco, CASNATI, Alessandro
Year: 2021Author/s: CASNATI, Alessandro, CORRADINI, Roberto, SANSONE, Francesco
Year: 2021Author/s: FAROLDI, FEDERICA, SANSONE, Francesco, BALDINI, Laura
Year: 2020Author/s: SANSONE, Francesco, RISPOLI, FRANCESCO, BALDINI, Laura
Year: 2020Author/s: BALDINI, Laura, CASNATI, Alessandro, SANSONE, Francesco