- Curriculum Vitae
1992: Degree in Biology (110/110) at the Università degli Studi di Milano.
1993: Six months’ Felloship at Max Planck Institut for Zuchtungforshung, Colonia, Germany
1997: Ph.D in “Plant Genetics”, Università della Tuscia, Viterbo, Italy
1997: Research cooperation with the Department of Environmental Science, University of Parma about a research funded by Ministero delle Risorse Agricole, Alimentari e Forestali entitled: “Isolation of genes involved in the drought stress response and functional analysis of those genes in transgenic plants and mutants”
1998: Research cooperation with the Department of Environmental Science, University of Parma about a research funded by EU Biotechnology IV ‘94-’98 entitled:“Sink to source transition: an investigation of processes regulating dormancy and sprouting in potato tubers”.
1999: Assegno di Ricerca in the scientific area of Applied Biology (BIO/13) at the Department of Life Sciences, University of Parma
Since 2001: Researcher at the University of Parma, scientific area 05/F1 Applied Biology
Since 2016: Obtaining qualification for second-rate professor for the Scientific areas 05/F1 Applied Biology and 07/E1 Plant Genetics
Recent research areas concern:
1) Phenotypic plasticity and genetic-molecular response of plants to environmental stresses (contamination of heavy metals in soil, water and thermal stress)
2) Interaction between plants and soil micro-organisms, with particular reference to the bacteria promoting root growth and their possible applications of biofertilizers in cereal crops such as corn and wheat to reduce the use of chemical fertilizers
3) Use of phytotoxicity and geno-toxicity tests to evaluate the quality, degradation and possible contaminants present in the soil.
4) Proteomic studies for quality assessment in cereals, particularly durum wheat subjected to crops with low environmental impact (leaf fertilization, precision farming techniques)
The research activities have been developed with the participation to research projects financed by:
- CNR progetto Finalizzato Biotecnologie, “Biomonitoring of Environmental pollutants with transgenic plants”
- Project PRIN N° 2005072892_003 “Trees and forest plantations for environmental rehabilitation: physiological and molecular mechanisms in the selection of Salicaceae for the phytoremediation of heavy metals and hydrocarbons”
- FIL, “Development of innovative molecular genetics methodologies for application to evaluation and conservation of biodiversity in plant populations”
- COST Action 859 "Phytotechnologies to promote sustainable land use and improve food safety
- COST Action FA0905 "Mineral Improved Crop Production for Healthy Food and Feed”
- Project PRIN 2008 " Persistent plant coverings in polluted or metalliferous sites: functional role and biodiversity reserve”
- Project AGER "Environmental and economic sustainability for yield and quality production of durum wheat supply chain"
- Project AGER RISINNOVA "Integrated genetic and genomic approaches for new italian rice brreding strategegies"
- EU Project HORIZON 2020: LAND Management: Assessment, Research, Knowledge base: LANDMARK
-Project Fondazione CRC2013: “Filiere Avanzate per la produzione di frumenti speciali per l’industria alimentare “Special Wheat”
And to the partecipation as principal investigator to the following research Projects:
- Project AGER” Construction of a prototype for the optimization of nitrogenous fertilization at variable rate in durum wheat according to medium-term climate forecasts”
-Project funded by Syngenta s.r.l. “Metagenomic analysis to assess possible enhanced effect of SAB rhizosphere microbial community in the first stages of maize development”
-Project funded by Tomato Farm s.r.l. “Analyses of the protein gluten composition in cereal grains samples”
Dr. Giovanna Visioli is involved in teaching in the Biotechnology studies at the University of Parma (subject: "Molecular mechanisms of adaptation of organisms to the environment")
Dr. Giovanna Visioli is a member of the PhD Biotechnology Commission, from the University of Parma since its institution.
Dr. Giovanna Visioli is member of the following scientific Societies: ITPA (Italian Proteomic Association); AIBG (Italian Association of Biology and Genetics); AISTEC (Italian Association of Science and Technology of Cereals)
Completion accademic year: 2019/2020
- Course year: 3 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - Biotechnology - A.Y.: 2017/2018
Completion accademic year: 2018/2019
- Course year: 3 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - Biotechnology - A.Y.: 2016/2017
Completion accademic year: 2017/2018
- Course year: 3 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - Biotechnology - A.Y.: 2015/2016
Completion accademic year: 2016/2017
- Course year: 3 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - Biotechnology - A.Y.: 2014/2015
Completion accademic year: 2015/2016
- Course year: 3 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - Biotechnology - A.Y.: 2013/2014
- First cycle degree (DM 270) BIOTECHNOLOGY A.Y. 2020/2021
- First cycle degree (DM 270) BIOTECHNOLOGY A.Y. 2019/2020
- First cycle degree (DM 270) BIOTECHNOLOGY A.Y. 2018/2019
- First cycle degree (DM 270) Biotechnology A.Y. 2017/2018
- First cycle degree (DM 270) Biotechnology A.Y. 2016/2017
- First cycle degree (DM 270) Biotechnology A.Y. 2015/2016
- First cycle degree (DM 270) Biotechnology A.Y. 2014/2015
- First cycle degree (DM 270) Biotechnology A.Y. 2013/2014
Biostimulants applied to maize seeds modulate the enzymatic activity and metaproteome of the rhizosphereYear: 2020Author/s: Mattarozzi, Monica, Di Zinno, Jessica, Montanini, Barbara, Manfredi, Marcello, Marengo, Emilio, Fornasier, Flavio, Ferrarini, Andrea, Careri, Maria, Visioli, Giovanna
Year: 2019Author/s: Giovanna Visioli, Anna Maria Sanangelantoni, Federica D. Conti a, Beatrice Bonati a, Ciro Gardi b, Cristina Menta
Technological quality and nutritional value of two durum wheat varieties depend on both genetic and environmental factorsYear: 2019Author/s: Graziano, Sara, Marando, Silvia, Prandi, Barbara, Boukid, Fatma, Marmiroli, Nelson, Francia, Enrico, Pecchioni, Nicola, Sforza, Stefano, Visioli, Giovanna, Gullì, Mariolina
Year: 2019Author/s: Bertola, Marta, Mattarozzi, Monica, Sanangelantoni, Anna Maria, Careri, Maria, Visioli, Giovanna
TECHNOLOGICAL QUALITY AND NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF TWO
DURUM WHEAT VARIETIES DEPEND ON BOTH GENETIC AND
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORSYear: 2019Author/s: GRAZIANO S., MARANDO S., PRANDI B., BOUKID F., MARMIROLI N., FRANCIA E., PECCHIONI N., SFORZA S., VISIOLI G., GULLÌ M.