- Curriculum Vitae
Born in Parma, 27th June 1972
Associate Professor of Business Economics, University of Parma since 31th December 2016
Researcher in Business Administration at the University of Parma since 20th December 2010.
Vice Dean of the Department of Economics and Management, University of Parma, since January 2017.
PHD in “Corporate Value Determination and Disclosure” at University of Parma Faculty of Economics XXII cycle.
Advance degree in Company Administration and Management at University of Parma Faculty of Economics in 13th July 2006 with 110/110 cum laude.
Degree Business Administration at University of Parma Faculty of Economics in 10th July 2003 with 110/110 cum laude. Best student of degree course, in the academic years 2001/2002 and 2002/2003.
Summer School in Research Methodology, Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale - AIDEA (Italian Academy of Business Administration), 2008.
7th Seminar of History of Accounting, June 2008.
Member of European Accounting Association (EAA).
Member of European Business Ethics Network (EBEN).
Member of Centre for Social and Environmental Research - CSEAR.
Member of Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale - AIDEA (Italian Academy of Business Administration).
Member of Società Italiana di Storia della Ragioneria - SISR (Italian Academy of Accounting History).
Member of Società Italiana dei Docenti di Ragioneria e Economia Aziendale -SIDREA (Italian Academy of Accounting and Business Economics Teacher).
Author of publications regarding Corporate Social Responsibility, Social Report and Corporate Governance, accounting history.
Since April 2015 Member of the Sustainable University working group (formerly “Sustainability Strategy for the University of Parma”) established at the University of Parma.
From October 2012 to December 2016 representative of researchers in the Department of Economics Council.
From 2010 teacher in charge of orientation for the Master’s Degree in “Administration and Business Management”.
Until January 2016 member of the Guidance Commission at the Department of Economics of the University of Parma.
Until January 2016 member of the Web Commission at the Department of Economics of the University of Parma.
From June 2011 to June 2012 member of the Commission for the evaluation of the linguistic preparation of foreign students.
Member of the Executive Committee for the post-graduate course "Training Course for the Exercise of a Chartered Accountant and Accounting Expert" for a.a. 2014-2015 and a.a. 2015/2016.
Member of the PhD Committee in "Economics and Management of Innovation and Sustainability - EMIS".
In the academic years 2005/2006 and 2008/2009 tutoring activities in support of teaching activities related to the three-year Degree course in Business Administration and in 2009/2010 Master's Degree in Administration and Business Management.
Owner in the last years of the following courses:
"Institutions of business administration" Group E-N - 63 hours - activated at the Department of Economics of Parma;
"Corporate Social Responsibility" - Module 1 - 35 hours - activated at the Department of Economics of Parma
The research activity focuses mainly on the following topics:
Corporate social responsibility and socio-environmental and sustainability reporting.
Business ethics and ethical codes.
Corporate governance and protection of institutional interests.
History of Accounting.
Author of publications regarding Corporate Social Responsibility, Social Report, Accounting History and Corporate Governance
Main research projects of the last years:
Social responsibility and socio-environmental reporting.
1) CSR disclosure: characteristics of communication systems in the field of social responsibility adopted by a sample of Italian listed companies. Discussions: 4th Italian Conference on Social and Environmental Accounting Research (Italian CSEAR 2012), 20-21 September 2012 and 2012 SIDREA Convention, "Innovating to grow: which proposals for the government and the administration of companies? ", University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, 27-28 November 2012.
Publications: Italian Review of Accounting and Business Economics (F. Balluchi, K. Furlotti (2013) CSR disclosure: a system of correlations between information and tools: empirical analysis in the Italian context, pp. 182-199, ISSN: 1593-9154); F. Balluchi, K. Furlotti (2013), CSR disclosure by Italian companies. An empirical analysis, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Saarbrucken, Deutschland-Germany.
Developments with reference to the occurrences in the years characterized by the economic crisis. Discussions: SIDREA 2014 National Conference, The ethical-value dimension in corporate governance, University of Palermo, 25-26 September 2014; EBEN International Research Conference 2014, Ethics in a time of crisis, 9-11 October 2014, Lisbon; VIII Financial Reporting Workshop, Parma 22-23 June 2017.
2) CSR disclosure and websites: peculiarities of the information methods that characterize the information disseminated through websites and social media. Discussions: International Forum on Knowledge Asset Dynamics Knowledge and Management Models for Sustainable Growth (IFKAD 2014) in June 2014, in Matera, Italy; 4th Mediterranean Interdisciplinary Forum on Social Sciences and Humanities, MIFS 2016, Barcelona, 16-18 May 2016. Publications: proceedings and special edition of the European Scientific Journal (ESJ), August 2016.
3) Social reporting in universities: characteristics of the University’s social reporting documents with particular reference to the contribution on the theme of the Social Report Study Group (GBS). Publications: C. Mio (edited by), The social report in the Italian universities. Values, models, measurements, Milan, Franco Angeli (contribution: F. Balluchi, K. Furlotti, P.L. Marchini, Voluntary reporting models: social report, sustainability report, integrated report).
4) Social responsibility and stakeholder engagement. Discussions: EBEN Annual Conference 2009, “Pathos for Ethics, Leadership, Excellence and the Quest for Sustainability”, 9-12 September 2009, Athens, Greece. Publications: K. Furlotti, F. Balluchi (2013), Developing stakeholders' engagement. An empirical investigation on Italian listed companies, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Saarbrucken, Deutschland - Germany.
5) Participation in the research group of G.B.S. "The Social Report of the Groups" Coordinators: Prof. Paolo Andrei and Prof. Michele Andreaus (2009-2010). Publications: Research Document No. 11: "The social-environmental balance in the corporate groups", in which the undersigned has dealt with some aspects pertaining to the section on corporate identity. Discussions: "The Socio-Environmental Report in Business Groups. Presentation of the GBS research document n. 11th, 26th November 2010, Parma.
6) Cooperation between for-profit companies and non-profit organizations. Discussions: XVI International Symposium on Ethics “Ethics, Business and Society: Facing the Crisis: Towards a New Humanistic Synthesis” (Barcelona, May 2010); XXXIII AIDEA Convention “Public and profit for a responsible and supportive market. Public administrations, non-profit organizations, foundations, cooperative enterprises, social enterprises: competition and collaboration” (Milan, October 2010). Publications: P. Andrei, F. Balluchi, K. Furlotti (2011), Collaboration between profit and non-profit companies: food for thought emerging from the encyclical Caritas in Veritate , in Borgonovi E .; Mussari R. (edited by) Collaborate and compete for a responsible and supportive market. Public administrations, non-profit organizations, foundations, cooperative enterprises, social enterprises, Il Mulino, Bologna.
7) Collaboration within the PRIN 2005 project (“Communication of value and protection of institutional interests in the corporate groups”) with the Trento Research Unit on “Communication and social responsibility in corporate groups”, coordinator: Prof. Michele Andreaus. Publications: M. Andreaus (edited by), The social reporting in the corporate groups, McGraw-Hill, Trento, 2007.
Discussions: “Social reporting in corporate groups”, 14 May 2008, University of Trento; 15th International Symposium on Ethics, Business and Society, “Business and Management: Towards More Human Models and Practices”, IESE Business School, University of Navarra, May 16-17, 2008, Barcelona, Spain; -EBEN Research Conference 2008, “Power Relations in and around Corporations”, 19-21 June 2008, Lille, France.
8) Local project (2008-2010): "Values, ethics and social responsibility of the company" (Collaboration Confartigianato Apla and University of Parma). Discussions: "Values, ethics and social responsibility of the company", 24 October 2009, Parma; “3rd Bergamo-Wharton Joint Conference. Stakeholder Theory (ies): Ethical Bases, Managerial Applications, Conceptual Limits”, organized in Bergamo in July 2010.
Publications: F. Balluchi, K. Furlotti, A. Petruzziello (2011). SMEs and social responsibility: an empirical analysis in the Italian context. Small Business, vol. 3, p. 37-68; (an in-depth study of the research focused on environmental aspects) “1st Annual International Interdisciplinary Conference, AIIC 2013”, 24-26 April, University of the Azores, Azores, Portugal.
Publications: conference proceedings and a special issue of the journal "European Scientific Journal" (ESJ), ESJ June 2013 / special / edition N.1.
9) Local project “The Social Report in Credem S.p.A.” (2007-2008), aimed at deepening the tools of social reporting with particular reference to the banking sector.
10) Participation in the local project: “Social Report and Business Values” (2003-2005 - Faculty of Economics - 10 local companies). Coordinator: Prof. Paolo Andrei. Publications: P.L. Marchini - V. Tibiletti (ed.), Social Report and Business Values, MUP, Parma, 2004.
11) Local project: “The Legislative Decree n.231 / 2001 and the administrative responsibility of the Bodies. Regulatory aspects and application criticality profile”. Publications: P.L. Marchini, V. Tibiletti, K. Furlotti, M. Belloni (2013). Organizational models pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 231/2001 in the public transport sector. Characteristics, dissemination and relations with the code of ethics in the national context. Control in companies and institutions, Year XVII, fasc. II, March-April 2013, pp. 203-245, ISSN: 1720-4437.
An in-depth analysis on the subject of ethical codes Discussions: 23rd EBEN Annual Conference “Which Values for Which Organizations”, Trento, September 2010; SIDREA National Conference 2010 “Business results: meaning, measurement, communication”, University of Naples Federico II, 1-2 December 2010. Publications: “Italian Review of Accounting and Business Economics”, K. Furlotti, PL Marchini, V. Tibiletti, 2013, The relationship between the Code of Ethics and Legislative Decree No. 231/2001. analysis of the Italian context, vol 7/8/9/2013, pp. 301-316, ISSN: 1593-9154.
Ethical codes with reference to the food sector: Discussions: 5th Mediterranean Interdisciplinary Forum on Social Sciences and Humanities, MIFS 2017, Barcelona, 18-19 May 2017. Publications: proceedings volume and special edition of the European Scientific Journal (ESJ), August 2017 SPECIAL edition.
12) Gender issues. Discussions: 2nd Workshop on Gender: Culture and Gender Issues organized by IPAZIA - Osservatorio Scientifico on gender issues, Università Niccolò Cusano, 8 March 2016; 6th Social and Environmental Accounting Conference (CSEAR Italy), Parma, June 30th-July 1st 2016; VIII Financial Reporting Workshop, Parma, 22-23 June 2017.
Board Evaluation processes. Discussions: SIDREA 2016, the corporate governance between tradition and innovation, University of Pisa, 15-16 September 2016.
14) City of Parma during the period of Maria Luigia. Discussions: X National Conference of the Italian Society of Accounting History, Milan, November 2009, Publications: “Accounting and Corporate Culture Magazine” (2012, Volume XII).
15) Teatro Regio di Parma. Discussions: XI National Conference of the History of Accountancy Society, Rome, 2-3 December 2011; XII National Conference of the Italian Society of History of Accounting, Parma 28-29 November 2013. Publications: “Essays on the history of business disciplines and economic doctrines. Writings in honor of Antonio Amaduzzi”; conference proceedings of XII National Conference of the Italian Society of History of Accounting.
16) Parma Ham Consortium. Discussions: Workshop on Accounting and Food, organized by SISR, Italian Society of Accounting History, University of Milan-Bicocca, June 2015 (P. Andrei - F. Balluchi - K. Furlotti - PL Marchini - V. Tibiletti, The Parma Ham Consortium (Parma Ham Consortium): some insights from an accounting and governance historical perspective). Publications: D'Amico, Di Pietra, Sargiacomo, Accounting and Food. Some italian Experiences, Routledge, New York, 2016 (contribution: K. Furlotti, (co-authors: P. Andrei, F. Balluchi, PL Marchini, V. Tibiletti) The Parma Ham Consortium (Parma Ham Consortium): some insights from an accounting and governance historical perspective).
17) French invasion in Parma. Discussions: XXXVII National Conference AIDEA, “Development, sustainability and competitiveness of companies: the contribution of business economists” Piacenza, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, September 2015.
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2021/2022
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2020/2021
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2019/2020
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2018/2019
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2017/2018
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2016/2017
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2015/2016
- Course year: 2 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT - A.Y.: 2014/2015
- First cycle degree (DM 270) ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT A.Y. 2021/2022
- First cycle degree (DM 270) ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT A.Y. 2020/2021
- First cycle degree (DM 270) ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT A.Y. 2019/2020
- First cycle degree (DM 270) ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT A.Y. 2018/2019
- First cycle degree (DM 270) ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT A.Y. 2017/2018
- First cycle degree (DM 270) ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT A.Y. 2016/2017
- First cycle degree (DM 270) ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT A.Y. 2015/2016
- Second cycle degree BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION A.Y. 2019/2020
- Second cycle degree BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION A.Y. 2018/2019
- Second cycle degree BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION A.Y. 2017/2018
- Second cycle degree BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION A.Y. 2016/2017
- Second cycle degree BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION A.Y. 2015/2016
- Second cycle degree COMPANY ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT A.Y. 2014/2015
- Second cycle degree COMPANY ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT A.Y. 2013/2014
The materiality assessment and stakeholder engagement: A content analysis of sustainability reports.Year: 2020Author/s: TORELLI, RICCARDO, BALLUCHI, Federica, FURLOTTI, Katia
Italy Towards Mandatory Sustainability Reporting. Voluntary Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure of Italian companies and Legislative Decree 254/2016 statements. A Quantitative Analysis of the Last 10 YearsYear: 2020Author/s: BALLUCHI, Federica, FURLOTTI, Katia, TORELLI, RICCARDO
Year: 2020Author/s: FURLOTTI, Katia, MAZZA, Tatiana
Does corporate governance matter in corporate social responsibility disclosure? Evidence from Italy in the “era of sustainability”Year: 2020Author/s: TIBILETTI, Veronica, MARCHINI, Pier Luigi, FURLOTTI, Katia, MEDIOLI, ALICE
How the quality of Corporate Governance structure impact on CSR disclosure. Some insights into Italian Listed CompaniesYear: 2019Author/s: MARCHINI, Pier Luigi, TIBILETTI, Veronica, FURLOTTI, Katia, MEDIOLI, ALICE