- Curriculum Vitae
- Office hour
Paolo Cova is Professor of Electronics with the Department of Engineering and Architecture (DIA) of University of Parma. After technical education in electronics he received the Laurea degree in electrical engineering in 1992 with full grades, and the Ph.D. degree in Information Technology in 1996, both from the University of Parma. During the three-years Ph.D. course he worked on the characterization and reliability evaluation of electronics and opto-electronics III-V compound semiconductor devices. In 2000 he was enrolled as Assistant Professor, and in 2017 as Professor. Since 1996 he has also been involved in research activity in the field of high-power silicon devices. This activity started in the framework of a three-year European project (BRITE-RAPSDRA) focusing on the reliability of IGBTs for railway traction: both accelerated life-tests and thermo-mechanical simulation were performed as a part of this effort. Paolo Cova's interest in power semiconductors has since moved to high-power P-i-N diodes and on thermal modeling of power devices and converters. Since 1999 he has been responsible for the clean room and semiconductor processing facilities of the DIA, and has acted as a scientific coordinator for the DIA research unit in a national project on advanced space photovoltaic cells funded by the Italian Space Agency. In 2004/06 he was scientific coordinator for DIA research unit in a national project (PRIN) on power DC/DC switching converters. Paolo Cova is coauthor of about 180 scientific papers in international journals or international conference proceedings, in the field of both III-V compound semiconductor and power devices and converters. He is reviewer for international journals (including IEEE Transaction on Electron Devices, IEEE Transaction on Device and Materials Reliability, Transactions on Power Electronics, IEE Electronics Letters). He was two times TPC chair of the European Conference on Reliability of Electron Devices (ESREF) and Guest Editor for two special numbers of the journal Microelectronics Reliability. Since 2018 he is Associate Editor of the international journal Microelectronics Reliability. Paolo Cova has been involved in teaching with the School of Engineering of the University of Parma since 1995. At present he is teaching "Industrial electronics" at the Electronics Engineering Master Course and "Electronics" at the Information System Engineering Course.
Every day and time, to be fixed by e-mail.
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2020/2021
- Course year: 3 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - COMPUTER, ELECTRONIC AND COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING - A.Y.: 2018/2019
- Course year: 2 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - INFORMATION SYSTEMS ENGINEERING - A.Y.: 2019/2020
- Course year: 2 - Second cycle degree - ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING - A.Y.: 2019/2020
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2019/2020
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2018/2019
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2017/2018
- Course year: 2 - Second cycle degree - Electronic Engineering - A.Y.: 2016/2017
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2016/2017
- Course year: 2 - Second cycle degree - ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING - A.Y.: 2015/2016
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2015/2016
- Course year: 2 - Second cycle degree - ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING - A.Y.: 2014/2015
- First cycle degree (DM 270) INFORMATION SYSTEMS ENGINEERING A.Y. 2020/2021
- First cycle degree (DM 270) INFORMATION SYSTEMS ENGINEERING A.Y. 2019/2020
- First cycle degree (DM 270) INFORMATION SYSTEMS ENGINEERING A.Y. 2018/2019
- Second cycle degree Electronic Engineering A.Y. 2017/2018
- Second cycle degree Electronic Engineering A.Y. 2016/2017
- Second cycle degree ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING A.Y. 2015/2016
Correlation between OCVD carrier lifetime vs temperature measurements and reverse recovery behavior of the body diode of SiC power MOSFETsYear: 2020Author/s: Sapienza S., Sozzi G., Santoro D., Cova P., Delmonte N., Verrini G., Chiorboli G.
CFD modeling of additive manufacturing liquid cold plates for more reliable power press-pack assembliesYear: 2020Author/s: Cova P., Santoro D., Spaggiari D., Portesine F., Vaccaro F., Delmonte N.
Year: 2020Author/s: Simonazzi, M., Chiorboli, G., Cova, P., Menozzi, R., Santoro, D., Sapienza, S., Sciancalepore, C., Sozzi, G., Delmonte, N.
Year: 2020Author/s: Delmonte, N., Cabezuelo, D., Kortabarria, I., Santoro, D., Toscani, A., Cova, P.
Year: 2020Author/s: Toscani, A., Santoro, D., Delmonte, N., Cova, P., Concari, C., Lanza, A.
Parco Area delle Scienze, 181/A