- Curriculum Vitae
- Office hour
- Third mission
2002: Laurea Degree (MS) in Electronic Engineering, University of Parma
2006: Ph.D. in Information Technologies, University of Parma
2007-2015: Research Associate, University of Parma
From 15/2/2013 to 31/8/2013: Visiting Researcher, at LIG Lab (Grenoble, FR), to work with the Drakkar group on decentralized naming services for IPv6-based wireless sensor networks
2015: National Scientific Qualification for Associate Professor
From 4/12/2015 to 3/12/2018: Assistant Professor (with Tenure Track), University of Parma
From 4/12/2018: Associate Professor, University of Parma
Member of the Distributed Systems Group (DSG) of the Department of Information Engineering (personal homepage: http://www.ce.unipr.it/people/amoretti).
Member of the Quantum Information Science (QIS) group of the Università degli Studi di Parma (http://www.qis.unipr.it).
Member of the Scientific Computing Working Group of the Università degli Studi di Parma.
IEEE and SIGACT member.
Spoken languages: Italian (mother tongue), English (fluent) and French (fluent).
In general, my research area is parallel and distributed computing. Currently, I am focusing on:
- Design and analysis of parallel and distributed algorithms
- Algorithms and protocols for Quantum Computing
- Internet of Things
Author of more than 100 peer reviewed papers in international journals, books and conferences.
Google Scholar page: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=-1lLMkMAAAAJ
From 2014 to 2018, I thaught a module on Quantum Computing within the "Parallel and Distributed Computing" course.
Starting from 2019, I teach Quantum Computing within the "High Performance Computing" course (in english).
Reviewer for several journals and international conferences.
Co-organizer of the Workshop on MOdeling and Simulation of Peer-to-Peer and Autonomic Systems (MOSPAS), from the first edition (Caen, France, 2010) to the 5th edition (Bologna, Italy, 2014).
Participation to research projects:
- 2018-2020: EU Progect NAVIGATE (ERASMUS+ 2017-1-BG01-KA203-036383)
- 2017-2018: PI of the NEXTALGO project funded by the University of Parma Research Fund - FIL 2016.
- 2016-2017: PI of the Italian team in the Galileo Project "Security Protocols for the Cloud-oriented Internet of Things (SeCIoT)" (G16-31), in collaboration with LIG Lab (Grenoble, FR)
- 2016-2018: Regional Project ALADIN (POR FESR 2014-2020)
- 2010-2012: EU Project METABO (FP7-ICT-2007-1-216270)
- 2007-2010: EU Project PERSONA (FP6-IST-2005-045459)
- 2007-2008: National Project PRIN PROFILES (Peer to peeR beyOnd FILE Sharing)
- 2006-2008: EU Project MULTIKNOWLEDGE (FP6-IST-2004-027106)
- 2007: Project SOP (Service-Oriented Peers) funded by NATO C3 Agency (NC3A)
- 2005-2007: Regional Project STIL
- 2003-2006: National Project FIRB Web Minds
- 2003-2004: IBM Project Grid architectures for QoS aware content distribution in the University community (IBM Faculty Award)
- 2002: National Project COFIN Iside
Completion accademic year: 2019/2020
Completion accademic year: 2018/2019
Completion accademic year: 2017/2018
Completion accademic year: 2016/2017
Completion accademic year: 2015/2016
Completion accademic year: 2014/2015
- Course year: 1 - Second cycle degree - COMPUTER ENGINEERING - A.Y.: 2014/2015
From 15/2/2013 to 30/8/2013, I have been a Visiting Researcher at LIG Lab, in Grenoble (FR), to collaborate with Drakkar Group, led by prof. Andrzej Duda, on decentralized naming services for IPv6-based wireless sensor networks.
Year: 2019Author/s: SANI, LAURA, Bononi A., Pecori R., Amoretti M., Mordonini M., Roli A., Villani M., Cagnoni S., Serra R.
Year: 2019Author/s: Amoretti M., Gandolfi L., Tomaiuolo M.
Year: 2019Author/s: Amoretti M., Pizzoni M., Carretta S.
Year: 2019Author/s: Amoretti M., Ferrari G.
Year: 2018Author/s: Stefano Sebastio, Michele Amoretti, Alberto Lluch Lafuente, Antonio Scala
2018-2019 - I am Principal Investigator of the project Software Architecture for Private Car Sharing, funded by Sharengo CS Group Spa.
2018 - I have been Principal Investigator of the project Machine-driven Maintenance (MdM): design of the industrial Internet of Things platform, within the global project Machine-driven Maintenance (MdM) co-funded by Region Emilia-Romagna and Sygest Srl.
Parco Area delle Scienze, 181/A