- Curriculum Vitae
- Office hour
- Degree in Mathematics (cum laude), University of Parma, Italy, 1992.
- Ph.D. Degree in Computational and Applied Mathematics, University of Milano, Italy, 1996.
- One-year research fellow by CNR (National Research Council of Italy) at Department of Mathematics, University of Parma, Italy, 1992 and 1996.
- Ph.D. fellow from 1992 to 1995 at the University of Milano (Italy).
-Assistant Professor of Mathematical Physics, Faculty of Sciences, University of Parma, from 1998 to 2010
- Associate Professor of Mathematical Physics, Faculty of Sciences and Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, University of Parma, from 2010 to 2018.
Present position: Since 31 December 2018, Full Professor of Mathematical Physics, Department of Mathematical, Physical and Computer Sciences, University of Parma.
Teaching and training experiences
- From 1992 to 1998: teaching assistant in various courses of Numerical Analysis and Mathematical Analysis at the University of Parma.
- Since 1998, I have been teaching Rational Mechanics, Applied Mathematics, Models in Mathematical Physics, Calculus at the University of Parma,
- Since 1992, I have been advisor or co-advisor of graduate theses in Mathematics (at University of Parma) in the fields of numerical methods for PDEs, kinetic theory of gases, mathematical models in populations dynamics.
-Since 2007, advisor or co-advisor of 5 PhD Thesis in Applied Mathematics and Mathematical Physics
Since 2004 I have been reviewer of papers in kinetic theory for MathSciNet Database and
reviewers for journals of Applied Mathematics and Fluid Dynamics.
I am author of more than sixty research papers on international journals (peer-reviewed) with large diffusion, and I have presented results of my researches in about thirty international conferences (some of them as invited speaker).
Invited short visits at foreign Universities: Graz (Austria), Northridge (USA), Kyoto (Japan), ENS Cachan (France), Saarbruecken (Germany).
Research projects and grants
- Coordinator of one-year junior research grant from GNFM-INDAM (National Group for Mathematical Physics of Italy) in 2002 for researches on the detonation problem for a mixture of chemically reacting gases.
- Since 1998, Member of the research unit in Parma of the Research Project PRIN MIUR (Ministry for Education, University and Research of the Italian Republic)
- Coordinator of a bilateral project UIF - Galileo Project 2007 between Italy and France.
Member of the Editorial Board of Rivista UMI - Matematica, Cultura e Società, and of Rivista di Matematica dell'Università di Parma.
Member of the Scientific Committee of the Unione Matematica Italiana (UMI) since 2018.
Completion accademic year: 2020/2021
Completion accademic year: 2019/2020
Completion accademic year: 2018/2019
Completion accademic year: 2017/2018
Completion accademic year: 2016/2017
Completion accademic year: 2015/2016
Completion accademic year: 2014/2015
- Course year: 1 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - BIOLOGY - A.Y.: 2014/2015
- First cycle degree (DM 270) MATHEMATICS A.Y. 2020/2021
- First cycle degree (DM 270) MATHEMATICS A.Y. 2018/2019
- First cycle degree (DM 270) MATHEMATICS A.Y. 2017/2018
- First cycle degree (DM 270) MATHEMATICS A.Y. 2016/2017
- First cycle degree (DM 270) MATHEMATICS A.Y. 2015/2016
- First cycle degree (DM 270) MATHEMATICS A.Y. 2014/2015
Lines of research
Year: in stampaAuthor/s: Bisi M., Groppi M., MARTALO', GIORGIO
Year: 2020Author/s: Conte, Martina, Gerardo-Giorda, Luca, Groppi, Maria
Year: 2019Author/s: Bolzoni, Luca, Bonacini, Elena, DELLA MARCA, ROSSELLA, Groppi, Maria
Year: 2019Author/s: Bisi, M., Bobylev, A. V., Groppi, M., Spiga, G.
Year: 2019Author/s: Maria Groppi, Axel Klar, Maria Jose Cacéres, Gabriella Puppo, Claudia Negulescu
Parco Area delle Scienze, 7/A