- Curriculum Vitae
CURRICULUM VITAE of Renato Costi, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.S.
Surname, Name: Costi, Renato.
Date of Birth: July 28th, 1970.
Place of Birth: Parma (Italy).
Address: Clinica di Chirurgia Generale e Terapia Chirurgica,
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche,
Università degli Studi di Parma,
Via Gramsci n. 14, 43100 Parma, ITALY.
Telephone/Fax: Work: +39.0521.033544; Segr. +39.0521.702156;
Mobile: +39.335.8234285; Fax: +39.0521.940125
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Spoken Languages: English, French, Italian.
Titles: M.D., Ph.D. in New Technologies in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, University Researcher in General Surgery at
The University of Parma, Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Research and Clinical Interests:
Colorectal Diseases, Gallbladder and Biliary Diseases, Robotics and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery.
Other: Microsoft Power Point, Excel, Photoshop user;
Experienced in illustration of surgical procedures.
• 1984-89: High School – Liceo Classico “G.D. Romagnosi” – Parma – Italy.
• 1989-95: Medical School – Parma University – Italy. Graduation with Full Marks and Honor.
• 1996: Licensed in Italy.
• 1998: Passed USMLE/ECFMG Step 1, Step 2.
• 1995-2000: Residency in General Surgery at Parma University – Italy. Graduation with Full Marks and Honor. Graduation’s thesis, entitled “Laparoscopy in the Last Decade of the Millennium: Have We Really Improved?” has been published by Surgical Endoscopy (Costi R, Denet C, Sarli L, Perniceni T, Roncoroni L, Gayet B. Surg Endosc 2003, 17: 791-7) - see ref. A30, page 10.
• 2001-03: Doctorate (Ph.D.) in “New Technologies in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery” at Parma University – Italy. Doctorate’s thesis, entitled “Robotic Fundoplication: From Theoretic Advantages to Real Problems” has been published by The Journal of the American College of Surgeons (Costi R, Himpens J, Bruyns J, Cadière GB. J Am Coll Surg 2003; 197: 500-7) - see ref. A31, page 10.
• October 1st, 2012: Inducted as Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.)
- 2001-(present): University Researcher at the Dip. di Scienze Chirurgiche – Parma University – Italy.
- 2010-2011: Assistant Spécialiste at the Service de Chirurgie Viscérale et Endocrinienne (Chef de Service: Prof. B.Dousset), Hôpital Cochin, Paris, AP-HP, Université de Paris V – France.
- 2009-2010: Practicien Attaché at the Service de Chirurgie Digestive (Chef de Service: Prof. C.Smadja), Hôpital Béclère, Clamart (Paris area), AP-HP, Université de Paris XI – France.
- 2007-08: Assistant Spécialiste at the Service de Chirurgie Viscérale Digestive et Urologique (Chef de Service: Dr. B.Vacher) – Hôpital Dupouy, Argenteuil (Paris area) – France.
- 2006-07: Assistant Spécialiste at the Service de Chirurgie Viscérale Digestive, Urologique et Plastique (Chef de Service: Dr. T.Montariol), C.H.I. de Poissy/St-Germain-en-Laye (Paris area) – France.
• “DINO ALINOVI AWARD” in 1995 for the graduation's thesis “Electro-stimulated Graciloplasty after Abdominoperineal Resection for Adenocarcinoma of the Lower Third of the Rectum” as the best thesis in Medicine at Parma University.
• “ETTORE RUGGIERI AWARD” in 1996, by the Italian Society of Surgery for the book IL CANCRO DEL COLON E DEL RETTO OPERATO by Peracchia A, Sarli L., as best Italian publication in surgery in 1996. R. Costi is co-author of Chapter 7: “LA TERAPIA ADIUVANTE: RUOLO DELLA CHEMIOTERAPIA, pages 83-9”.
• “THE ROBERT W. BEART, Jr., M.D. IMPACT PAPER OF THE YEAR AWARD” in 1998, by The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, for the article “Role of Follow-Up in the Management of Local Recurrences of Colorectal Cancer: a Prospective Randomized Study. Pietra N, Sarli L, Costi R, et al. Dis Colon Rectum, 1998; 41: 1127-33”.
COURSES, CLERKSHIPS AND STAGES
• August 1993: Clerkship at University of Uppsala (Uppsala Hospital – Depts. of Internal Medicine and General Surgery) – Uppsala – Sweden.
• October – November 1994: Clerkship at Cabrini Hospital (Dept. of General Surgery) – New York, NY – USA.
• July – August 1996: Clerkship at Yale University (Prof. Irvin Modlin – Dept. of Gastrointestinal Surgery) – New Heaven, CT – USA.
• August 1996: Stage at Cleveland Clinic (Prof. Steven Wexner – Dept. of Colorectal Surgery) – Ft. Lauderdale, FL – USA.
• September – December 1999: Internship at Institut Mutualiste Montsouris (Prof. Brice Gayet, Department de Patologie Digestive) – Paris – France.
• December 1999: Stage at Hôpital Beaujon (Prof. Jacques Belghiti, Service de Chirurgie Digestive) – Paris – France.
• December 1999: Stage at Groupe Hospitalier Pitié Salpetrière (Prof. Laurent Hannoun – Département de Chirurgie Digestive et Hepato-Bilio-Pancreatique-Transplantation Hepatique) – Paris – France.
• February 2000: Stage at Hôpital Beaujon (Prof. Jacques Belghiti, Service de Chirurgie Digestive) – Paris – France.
• October 2001 – March 2002: Internship at Hôpital Saint-Pierre (Prof. Guy Bernard Cadière – Service de Chirurgie Digestive) – Bruxelles – Belgique.
• March 2002: Course in Minimally Invasive Endocrine Surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital (Prof. Michel Gagner – Minimally Invasive Surgery Center) – New York, NY – USA.
• November 2004: Stage at USC University Hospital (Prof. Namir Katkhouda – Division of Emergency Non Trauma and Minimally Invasive Surgery) – Los Angeles, CA – USA.
• March 2006: Stage at Institut Mutualiste Montsouris (Prof. Gayet, Dép. de Patologie Digestive) – Paris – France.
• February 2009: Stage at Hôpital Saint Antoine (Prof. Tiret, Centre de Chirurgie Digestive) – Paris – France.
• March 2009: Stage at St. Mary's Hospital - Imperial College London (Prof. Hanna, Division of Surgery, Oncology, Reproductive Biology and Anaesthetics) – London – UK.
• July–Sept. 2009: Stage at Hôpital Cochin (Prof. Soubrane, Centre de Maladie du Foie et Transpl. Hépatique) – Paris – France.
• May 2011: Fellowship at King’s College London (Dr. Papagrigoriadis – Dept. of Colorectal Surgery) – London – UK.
Teaching Medical Students
- Lecturer in Semeiotics – III year - Medicine (2003–06);
- Responsible of the Course “Principles of Evaluation of the Anesthesiologic Risk before Surgery” (2003–05);
- Lecturer at (2004-05) and then Responsible of the Course “Management of the Surgical Patient” (2005–06);
- Responsible of the Course “Laparoscopy: indications, procedures and outcome. A semeiologic approach” (2006–07);
Teaching Surgical Residents
- Lecturer in General Surgery – IV year - Residency in General Surgery (2005–06, 2008-09, 2011-12);
- Responsible of Course of General Surgery – II year - School of Obstetricians (2002–06).
- Responsible of Course of Surgery – II year - School of Nurses (2011–12).
Referee for the following reviews (28 total reviews since 2006):
American Journal of Gastroenterology;
Annals of Surgical Oncology;
BMC (BioMed Central) Surgery;
Digestive and Liver Disease;
Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology;
Journal of the Pancreas;
Nature - Clinical Practice - Gastroenterology & Hepatology;
World Journal of Surgical Oncology.
The reported 164 publications include 103 papers (89 published by reviews listed in PubMed) and 61 abstracts.
79 papers are published on reviews listed in the Journal Citation Reports (JCR) and therefore have an Impact Factor;
44 abstracts are published on reviews listed in the JCR and/or presented at international congresses.
On Nov 19th, 2012, Total Impact Factor is 201.737 (mean 2.554; range 0.299–12.457).
H INDEX (and Citations)
On Nov 19th, 2012, H Index is 15 in Web of Science (705 total citations/16 years: 44/year), 17 in Scopus (891/16 years: 56/y), and 20 in Google Scholar (1204/16 years: 75/y).
Completion accademic year: 2019/2020
Completion accademic year: 2018/2019
Completion accademic year: 2015/2016
- Course year: 2 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - Nursing - A.Y.: 2014/2015
Year: 2019Author/s: Costi, Renato, Castro Ruiz, Carolina, Romboli, Andrea, Wind, Philippe, Violi, Vincenzo, Zarzavadjian Le Bian, Alban
Laparoscopic Hartmann’s Operation and Reversal for Acute Diverticulitis: Is It Really a Mini-Invasive Procedure?Year: 2019Author/s: Morini A., ANNICCHIARICO, ALFREDO, Romboli A., Costi R.
Predicting the Severity of Pancreatic Fistula after Pancreaticoduodenectomy: Overweight and Blood Loss as Independent Risk Factors: Retrospective Analysis of 277 PatientsYear: 2019Author/s: Bian A. Z. L., Fuks D., Montali F., Cesaretti M., Costi R., Wind P., Smadja C., Gayet B.
Year: 2018Author/s: Zarzavadjian Le Bian A, Denet C, Tabchouri N, Levard H, Besson R, Perniceni T, Costi R, Wind P, Fuks D, Gayet B
Delayed, diffuse acute peritonitis secondary to misplacement of a cystogastrostomic "pigtail" drain in an outpatient after dischargeYear: 2018Author/s: Costi R, Zarzavadjian Le Bian A, Mita MT, Brou Fulgence Kassi A, Sarli L, Violi V