- Curriculum Vitae
Riccardo Percudani – Curriculum vitae
Associated Professor, University of Parma
- Born the 27 of October 1966, completed the Classics Lyceum in 1985.
- After a two-year period of studies in Engineering, I enrolled in the course of Biological Sciences at the University of Parma. During my undergraduate practical studies, following an initial training in laboratory techniques, I became interested in bioinformatics, a discipline which was not yet included in the degree course.
- I graduated with honours in Biological Sciences in 1994. The algorithm for the identifications of tRNA genes in the DNA sequence I presented in my degree thesis is still used in the analysis of complete genomes.
- I continued bioinformatics researches with a scholarship from Imperial College and then as a PhD candidate In this period my particular interest was the creation of programs for the identification of genes, the analysis of the genetic code and the evolution of biological molecules.
- I completed my PhD in Biology and Molecular Pathology on the 17th of February 1999, discussing a thesis on “The identification of non coding RNAs in genomic sequences”.
- I then worked first as a Researcher and then as an Associated Professor in Biochemistry with responsibility for the Bioinformatic course, one of the first teachings of this discipline to be included in Italian faculties. I also taught in the University of Modena and Piacenza. I am referee for international journals, a member of the International Society of Computational Biology and a regular participant in the Society congress.
- At the University of Parma I am currently in charge of the Bioinformatic courses for Biology, Computational Biochemistry for the Advanced degree in Molecular Biology, and Bioinformatics and Biology for the degree in Informatics. In recent years my activity has centred on the analysis of complete genomes and on the integration between bioinformatic predictions and experimental biochemistry for the identification of new functions in DNA sequences.
Participation in editorial committees:
2017-present Member of the editorial board of Scientific Reports (Springer Nature). Genetics and Genomics panel
Head of the University in the general assembly of Elixir-Ita
Delegate of the Department in the Scientific Committee for High Performance Computing of the University of Parma
Responsibility in funded projects.
2013-2016. Telethon Foundation: Multicentric project coordinator GGP13149 - Development of an uricolytic treatment for HPRT-deficiency in animal models.
2012-1015. PRIN 2011: Local Unit Coordinator - Unraveling structural and functional determinants behind Helicobacter pylori pathogenesis and persistence
International patents granted:
"Methods for fast and efficient conversion of uric acid to allantoin and related enzymes"
US: US8309078 B2 (13/11/2012)
Europe: EP1948793 B1 (01/08/2012)
- Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Padua. Prof. Giuseppe Zanotti.
- Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea. Prof. Sankgee Rhee.
- Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Aarhus University. Prof. Ditlev Brodersen
Completion accademic year: 2019/2020
Completion accademic year: 2018/2019
Completion accademic year: 2017/2018
Completion accademic year: 2016/2017
Completion accademic year: 2015/2016
- Second cycle degree BIOMOLECULAR, GENOMIC AND CELLULAR SCIENCES A.Y. 2020/2021
- Second cycle degree BIOMOLECULAR, GENOMIC AND CELLULAR SCIENCES A.Y. 2019/2020
- Second cycle degree BIOMOLECULAR, GENOMIC AND CELLULAR SCIENCES A.Y. 2018/2019
- Second cycle degree MOLECULAR BIOLOGY A.Y. 2017/2018
- Second cycle degree MOLECULAR BIOLOGY A.Y. 2016/2017
- Second cycle degree MOLECULAR BIOLOGY A.Y. 2015/2016
- Second cycle degree MOLECULAR BIOLOGY A.Y. 2014/2015
The peroxisomal SspA protein is redundant for purine utilization but essential for peroxisome localization in septal pores in Aspergillus nidulansYear: 2019Author/s: Dimou S., Kourkoulou A., Amillis S., Percudani R., Diallinas G.
Year: 2019Author/s: MALATESTA, MARCO, Polverini E., Percudani R.
Fluorescence quantification of allantoin in biological samples by cap-immobilized allantoinase/resorcinol assayYear: 2018Author/s: Marchetti, Marialaura, Ronda, Luca, Faggiano, Serena, Liuzzi, Anastasia, Percudani, Riccardo, Bettati, Stefano
Year: 2018Author/s: Juntaek Oh†∇, Anastasia Liuzzi‡∇, Luca Ronda§∥, Marialaura Marchetti∥, Romina Corsini‡, Claudia Folli⊥, Stefano Bettati§∥#, Sangkee Rhee†, Riccardo Percudani‡
Year: 2018Author/s: Canosa, Andrea V, Faggiano, Serena, Marchetti, Marialaura, ARMAO, STEFANO, Bettati, Stefano, Bruno, Stefano, Percudani, Riccardo, Campanini, Barbara, Mozzarelli, Andrea