Born in Parma, Italy, on 02/10/1967.
Present position (from October 1st, 2014):
Associate Professor (permanent position) at the Department of Mathematical, Physical and Computer Sciences, University of Parma.
• Laurea (MSc) in Physics (Biophysical pathway), University of Parma, February 1992.
• Ph.D. in Cellular and Molecular Biotechnologies, University of Bologna, June 1998.
• Researcher (permanent position) in the area of Applied Physics (SSD FIS/07) at the Department of Physics, University of Parma (July 2006 - September 2014).
• National Scientific Qualification to Associate Professor in the areas of both Applied Physics (02/B3) and General Biochemistry and Clinic Biochemistry (05/E1) (2012).
1998 - 2000: post-doctoral fellow of the Istituto Nazionale per la Fisica della Materia
2001 - 2002: research associate of the Istituto Nazionale per la Fisica della Materia
2002 - 2006: research associate at the Department of Physics, University of Parma
Structural and dynamics studies of protein systems, mainly by means of computational techniques (Molecular Dynamics, Molecular Docking, protein Modelling) but also spectroscopic techniques (Fluorescence, Circular Dichroism).
She has access as Visiting Scientist to the High Performance Computing facility SHARCNET of Compute/Calcul Canada (by 2009).
44 publications on international journals.
80 communications at national and international congresses, also as invited speaker and as chairperson.
Participation to funded Projects
- FONCICYT Europe-Messico: “Investigación básica en nanomateriales innovadores avanzados: aplicaciones a la solución de desordenes neurológicos” (2010-2011).
- Network of the European Science Foundation (ESF): “Myelin Autoimmunity Research in Europe - MARIE” (2004-2006)
Several national and international collaborations, in particular with Prof. George Harauz, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Guelph, Canada.
Other scientific activities
•Member of the Scientific Commettee of the 85° SIBS Congress of the Italian Society of Experimental Biology (Parma, 2012)
•Member of the Steering Commettee of the European Science Foundation Scientific Network "Myelin Autoimmunity Research in Europe – MARIE" (2004-2006).
•Reviewer for the research programme proposals of the European Science Foundation (from 2006) and of the Italian Multiple Sclerosis Society (FISM) (2008 and from 2012).
•Editor of the italian version of the book "Fundamental concepts of Bioinformatics" of D.E. Krane and M.L. Raymer, published by Pearson Education Italia (2007).
Present Courses at the University of Parma
• Computational Biophysics Laboratory, I year of the Master Degree in Physics and course of the Ph.D. in Physics (from 2015/16, 6 CFU)
• Physics, I year of the degree in Pharmacy (from 2014/15, 8 CFU).
Supervisor of 30 degree theses.
Supervisor of the PhD. thesis in Physics of Ilaria Menozzi (cycle XXIX) and Ludovica Leo (cycle XXXIII, in progress).
Teacher at national and international specialization courses.
Other present educational offices at the University of Parma
• Vice-president of the degrees in Physics, Unversity of Parma (from 2014)
• Responsible and webmaster of the web site of the degrees in Physics (from 2014).
• Member of the Council for the Ph.D. in Physics (from 2010).
• Member of the Steering Commitee of the degrees in Physics (form 2014).