- Curriculum Vitae
Main activities and responsibilities:
Chief of the Maxillofacial Surgery Department, University Hospital of Parma
Occupation or position held:
Full Professor of Maxillofacial Surgery
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• 1977: Graduated in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Padua
• 1983: Specialist in Maxillo-facial Surgery at the University of Naples
• 1988: Specialist in Dentistry and Dental Prosthesis at the University of Parma
• From October 1th 1988 to October 31th 1990: Associate Professor of Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Chieti
• From November 1th 1990 to October 31th 1993: Professor of Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Sassari
• From November 1th 1993: Full Professor of Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Parma
• From 1994: Director of the Post-Graduate Medical School in Maxillofacial Surgery (Residency Program) of the University of Parma
• From December 1th 2003 to February 28th 2007:Director of the Department of ENT/Dental/Ophthalmological and Cervico-Facial Sciences of the University of Parma
• From June 2003 to June 2005: President of the Italian Society of Maxillo Facial Surgery (SICMF)
• From 2007 to 2009: Director of the Head and Neck Department of Integrated Activities (DAI) of the Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria of Parma
• From 2008 to 2012: Councillor for Italy of the EACMFS (European Association for cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery
• From 2015 to today: Vice President AIOCC (Italian Association Cervico-cefalic Oncology)
The scientific production is documented through 130 peer-reviewed publications, 4 books, and more than 300 oral and poster presentations at National and International meetings.
- Project Coordinator of the European Project "Neomark-ICT Enabled Prediction of Cancer Recurrence", Project Number 224483 NeoMark, Call FP7-ICT-2007-2, EC (EC Financing: 2.896.600€).
- Project Coordinator of the European Project “OraMod - VPH based predictive model for oral cancer recoccurrence in clinical practice”, Project Number 611425, Call FP7-ICT-2013-10 Virtual Physiological Human, EC (EC Financing: 3.098.000€).
- Project Coordinator of the European Project “BD2Decide – Big Data and models for personalized Head and Neck Cancer Decision support”, Project Number 689715, Call H2020-PHC-2015-single-stage, Research and Innovation action, EC (EC Financing: 4.845.000€).
- Project Coordinator of the Italian Regional Project "Evaluation of immunohistochemical and biomolecular parameters as markers of the biological behaviour of head and neck carcinomas", Programma di Ricerca Regione Emilia Romagna(RER)-Università 2007-2009 (RER Financing: 368.000€).
- Project Coordinator of the Italian National Project "Evaluation of immunohistochemical and biomolecular parameters as markers of the biological behaviour of head and neck carcinomas", Progetto di ricerca di interesse nazionale PRIN-MIUR 2007 (MIUR Financing: 79.000€).
- Research Unit Leader for WP 2.6 of the Regional Italian Project "Rigenerative medicine in osteo-articular diseases", Programma di ricerca Regione Emilia Romagna(RER)-Università 2007-2009
ORGANIZATION OF SCIENTIFIC EVENTS
He was Scientific Board Member for the National Symposium “Trattamento ortodontico ed ortodontico-chirurgico delle asimmetrie dento-facciali”, Parma, 24-25 September 2004.
He organized as President the: “XIV National Congress of the Italian Society of Maxillofacial Surgery (SICMF)” , Parma, 9-11 June 2005.
He was Scientific Board Member for the National Congress: "Update on oral cancer: research, diagnosis and treatment", Parma, 30 June-1 July 2011.
He was Scientific Board Member for the National Congress: "Chirurgia ricostruttiva del distretto Testa-Collo: esperienza di una Scuola, Parma, 08 February 2014.
He was Scientific Board Member for the "I Corso di dissezione HANDS-ON tecniche di ricostruzione del cavo orale: lembi miomucosi e lembi locoregionali", Parma, 14-15 December 2017.
Completion accademic year: 2019/2020
Completion accademic year: 2018/2019
Completion accademic year: 2017/2018
Completion accademic year: 2016/2017
- Course year: 4 - Full cicle (6 years) - Medicine and Surgery - A.Y.: 2013/2014
Completion accademic year: 2014/2015
- Full cicle (6 years) School of Dental Medicine A.Y. 2019/2020
- Full cicle (6 years) School of Dental Medicine A.Y. 2018/2019
- Full cicle (6 years) School of Dental Medicine A.Y. 2017/2018
- Full cicle (6 years) School of Dental Medicine A.Y. 2016/2017
- Full cicle (6 years) School of Dental Medicine A.Y. 2015/2016
- Full cicle (6 years) School of Dental Medicine A.Y. 2014/2015
Vascular malformations of the orbit (lymphatic, venous, arteriovenous): Diagnosis, management and resultsYear: 2019Author/s: Colletti, Giacomo, Biglioli, Federico, Poli, Tito, Dessy, Margherita, Cucurullo, Marco, Petrillo, Mario, Tombris, Stavros, Waner, Milton, Sesenna, Enrico
Perioperative pain management after fibular free flap harvesting for head-and-neck reconstruction using mini-catheters to inject local anesthetic: A pilot studyYear: 2018Author/s: Ferri, Andrea, Varazzani, Andrea, Valente, Adriana, Pedrazzi, Giuseppe, Bianchi, Bernardo, Ferrari, Silvano, Sesenna, Enrico
Defining the surgical margins of adenoid cystic carcinoma and their impact on outcome: An international collaborative studyYear: 2017Author/s: Amit, Moran, Na'Ara, Shorook, Trejo–leider, Leonor, Ramer, Naomi, Burstein, David, Yue, Ma, Miles, Brett, Yang, Xinjie, Lei, Delin, Bjoerndal, Kristine, Godballe, Christian, Mücke, Thomas, Wolff, Klaus Dietrich, Eckardt, André M., COPELLI, Chiara, SESENNA, Enrico, Patel, Snehal, Ganly, Ian, Gil, Ziv
Masseteric nerve for gracilis muscle re-innervation in unilateral facial palsy: Impact on quality of lifeYear: 2017Author/s: Bianchi, B, FERRI, Andrea, PODDI, Valentina, BERGONZANI, MICHELA, PEDRAZZI, Giuseppe, FERRARI, Silvano, SESENNA, Enrico
Year: 2017Author/s: Bianchi, Bernardo, Ferri, Andrea, Varazzani, Andrea, Bergonzani, Michela, Sesenna, Enrico