- Curriculum Vitae
Date of birth: 27/09/1953
Birthplace: Casalmaggiore (CR), Italy
Home address: strada Martinella, 141, 43124 Parma, Italy
Telephone number: +39 0521 905669 (cell phone: +39 333-3510486)
Work address: Department of Food Science, University of Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze, 17/A, 43124 Parma, Italy
Languages: Fluent French, good English.
November 1978: Laurea degree in Chemistry at the University of Parma and CINECA Supercomputing Center in Bologna with experimental thesis on « Computational Chemistry »
1979: Assistant Professor of Structural Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Parma.
Collaboration with Institute of Physics, University of Parma
1978 to 1980: Software analyst in a U.S. Network company in Milano, Italy.
1981 to 1983: Consultant for an Italian informatics company.
1984 to 1986: Collaboration with Computing Centre of University of Parma, Italy.
1986 to 1991: Head of R&D office of University Computing Centre, University of Parma, Italy.
1991 to 1997: Head of Molecular Modelling Lab, Institute of Structural Chemistry, then Department of General Chemistry, University of Parma, Italy.
1997 to 2014: Senior Researcher (Physical Chemistry, General Chemistry), Dept. of General Chemistry, Dept. of Food Science, University of Parma.
2014 to present: Associate Professor of Chemistry, Dept. of Food Science, University of Parma, Italy.
- total number of citations: 1498
- average citations per item: 19.21
- h index: 23 (SCOPUS)
ASN (Italian Professorship Qualification 2012):
• ASN for associate professor in “Principles of chemistry and inorganic systems” (03/B1)
Windows, Linux and Unix. Molecular graphics programs: Weblab viewer, Swiss-pdb viewer, GRASP, Rasmol, Pymol, Chemdraw, and VMD. Molecular modelling, scoring and docking programs: Sybyl, GRID, Spartan, HINT, Autodock, GOLD, FlexX. Amber, NAMD for Molecular Dynamics. FLAP for virtual screening.
Principal Research Projects:
• “LIFE-EDESIA European Project to demonstrate a new, robust and cost-effective in silico/in vitro approach to evaluate suitable chemicals for replacing EDC of equivalent concern, that can support the application of REACH legislative framework on the substitution principle environment.
• “Euroblood substitutes”. Framework Project 6 funded by the European community, 2004-2007. Coordinator University of Nottingham. Grant given to UNIPR.
• PLP-dependent enzymes. From genomics to the enzymatic regulation.
Project co-funded by the Italian Minister of University (COFIN 2005), 2005-2006. Grant given to UNIPR.
• Identification of new hits for phosphodiesterase targets involved in COPD by a computational analysis with HINT, an experimental force field.
Project funded by CHIESI Farmaceutici, 2005.
• Analysis of the dynamic properties of the estrogen receptor and screening of food additives libraries for the identification of potential endocrine disruptors.
Project Regione Emilia-Romagna for food quality and safety (SITEIA-High technology laboratories), 2005-2014.
• Ligand-protein interaction evaluation by computational and experimental methods. International collaboration project with Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA, and University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, USA.
Project funded by the Italian Minister of University, MIUR 2006-2010.
• Mapping ligand migration through hydrophobic cavities in non symbiotic hemoglobins from Arabidopsis thaliana.
Azione integrata Italia-Spagna; Project funded by the Italian Minister of University, 2010-2011.
• Identification of cyclopropane fatty acid synthase inhibitors through computational analyses.
Project funded by the BICT s.r.l. company, 2010.
From 1990 Professor of:
• Database design, (theory and practice), School of Informatics, Faculty of Sciences, University of Parma.
• Calcolo Numerico e Programmazione , laurea degree in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Material Sciences, Physics, Faculty of Sciences, University of Parma.
• Physical Chemistry Lab, Computational Chemistry Lab, Structural Chemistry Lab, Laurea degree in Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Parma.
• Data Base for Forensic Sciences Master, Faculty of Sciences, University of Parma.
• General Chemistry, laurea degree in Informatics, Faculty of Sciences, University of Parma.
• Molecular Modelling, laurea degree in Informatics, Faculty of Sciences, University of Parma.
• Computational Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Parma.
• Biomolecular Methodologies, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Parma.
• Tutor for Ph.D. in Biochemical Sciences, University of Parma & Torino, for Ph.D. In Chemical Sciences and Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular biology, University of Parma.
• 2005 - Modelling course, Ph.D. In Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Tromso, Norway.
• 2005 - Modelling course, Summer school, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA.
• 2010 - Database course, European Master in Forensic Sciences, University of Cottbus, Germany.
• 2012 - Drug Design course, University of Ulla Summer School in Parma.
• 2013 and 2014 - Modelling course Master in Farmacy, University of Barcellona.
From 2012 – present Professor of:
• General Chemistry, laurea degree in Food Science and Technology, Dept. of Food Chemistry, University of Parma.
• Molecular Modelling, laurea degree in Food Science and Technology, Dept. of Food Chemistry and laurea degree in Informatics, University of Parma.
• Member of the board of Ph.D. in Food Science.
• Member of the board of Nuclear Receptor Research.
• Guest editor of the volume “From Medicinal Chemistry to Food Science: A Transfer of in Silico Methods Applications (Nova Science Publisher, 2005).
• Guest editor of the volume “Computational Approaches to Nuclear Receptors: From Computational Simulation to In Vivo Experiments (RSC Drug Discovery, 2014).
• Involved as referee for Wiley, Elsevier, Bentham, RSC and ACS journals.
• Guest editor of the special issue of Nuclear Receptor Research “Nuclear receptors: from drugs to food, from in silico to in vivo approaches” (2016).
• Guest editor of the volume 11 (2010) of Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry “Applying Induced Fit in Drug Discovery: Square Pegs and Round Holes?”.
He has collaborations with Proff. D. Abraham and G.Kellogg, Institute for Structural Biology and
Drug Discovery, Virginia Commonwealth (VA), Prof. FJ Luque, Food Campus, University of Barcelona, Prof. S. Guccione, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Catania, Istituto Superiore di Sanita’, Roma and with colleagues at University of Parma.
Completion accademic year: 2019/2020
Completion accademic year: 2018/2019
Completion accademic year: 2017/2018
Completion accademic year: 2016/2017
Completion accademic year: 2015/2016
Completion accademic year: 2014/2015
- Full cicle (5 years) PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMISTRY AND TECHNOLOGY A.Y. 2019/2020
- SCIENZE DEGLI ALIMENTI A.Y. 2019/2020
- Full cicle (5 years) PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMISTRY AND TECHNOLOGY A.Y. 2018/2019
- First cycle degree (DM 270) FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY A.Y. 2017/2018
- First cycle degree (DM 270) FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY A.Y. 2016/2017
- First cycle degree (DM 270) FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY A.Y. 2015/2016
- First cycle degree (DM 270) FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY A.Y. 2014/2015
Simulated gastrointestinal digestion of cocoa: Detection of resistant peptides and in silico/in vitro prediction of their ace inhibitory activityYear: 2019Author/s: Marseglia A., Dellafiora L., Prandi B., Lolli V., Sforza S., Cozzini P., Tedeschi T., Galaverna G., Caligiani A.
Molecular insights on xenoestrogenic potential of zearalenone-14-glucoside through a mixed in vitro/in silico approachYear: 2017Author/s: Dellafiora L., Ruotolo R., Perotti A., Cirlini M., Galaverna G., Cozzini P., Buschini A., Dall'asta C.
Year: 2017Author/s: SPYRAKIS, Francesca, Ahmed, Mostafa H, BAYDEN, ALEXANDER SERGEI, COZZINI, Pietro, MOZZARELLI, Andrea, Kellogg, Glen E.
Assessing the hydrolytic fate of the masked mycotoxin zearalenone-14-glucoside–A warning light for the need to look at the “maskedome”Year: 2017Author/s: DELLAFIORA, Luca, GALAVERNA, Gianni, RIGHI, Federico, COZZINI, Pietro, DALL'ASTA, Chiara
Year: 2017Author/s: CAVALIERE, FRANCESCA, Montanari, Enrico, Emerson, Andrew, Buschini, Annamaria, Cozzini, Pietro