- Curriculum Vitae
Andrea Toscani received the M.S. degree in electronics engineering in 2003/2004 and the Ph.D. degree in information technology in 2008 from the University of Parma, Italy. Since 2020 he is a Researcher with the Department of Engineering and Architecture of the same university.
His research activity includes design of power converters and electric drives for various industrial and consumer applications. He also researches fault diagnosis of electric motors and drives, and application of wide-bandgap (SiC, GaN) power devices in aerospace and renewable energy applications. He is the author or coauthor of more than 30 papers on top-tier peer-reviewed journals and conferences (Source: Scopus).
He participated in various nationally and internationally funded research projects:
* EU Clean Sky Joint Undertaking, grant agreement no. 641496: ALEA - "Accelerated Life tests for Electrical drives in Aircraft" (2014-2016). Modeling and accelerated-lifetime testing of faults in electrical machines employed in aerospace, with particular focus on the wear endured when the electric machines are supplied with high frequency PWM driven by new generation wide-bandgap (WBG) power devices. High-frequency supply causes high dv/dt and di/dt values that can trigger partial discharge and other degradation phenomena.
* EU Clean Sky 2 Joint Undertaking, grant agreement no. 785513: RAISE - "Reliable Aircraft electrical Insulation System sElection" (2018). Continuation of ALEA project, study of the dependence of electrical machine vulnerability to partial discharge and related degradation phenomena on the type of winding.
Andrea Toscani was involved in different tehnology transfer contracts between the university and industrial partners. He was CEO of an academic spin-off company. He holds two industrial patent in the field of food processing. He is a reviewer for several top-rank journals and conferences of the IEEE, Elsevier and MDPI.
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2020/2021
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2019/2020
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2018/2019
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2017/2018
- Course year: 1 - Second cycle degree - CIVIL ENGINEERING - A.Y.: 2017/2018
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2016/2017
- Course year: 1 - Second cycle degree - INGEGNERIA CIVILE - A.Y.: 2016/2017
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2014/2015
- Course year: 2 - First cycle degree (DM 270) - MANAGEMENT ENGINEERING - A.Y.: 2013/2014
Year: 2020Author/s: Toscani, A., Santoro, D., Delmonte, N., Cova, P., Concari, C., Lanza, A.
Year: 2020Author/s: Delmonte, N., Cabezuelo, D., Kortabarria, I., Santoro, D., Toscani, A., Cova, P.
Assessment of efficiency and reliability of wide band-gap based H8 inverter in electric vehicle applicationsYear: 2019Author/s: Concari L., Barater D., Toscani A., Concari C., Franceschini G., Buticchi G., Liserre M., Zhang H.
Year: 2019Author/s: Soldati, Alessandro, Toscani, Andrea, Cova, Paolo, Franceschini, Giovanni
Year: 2018Author/s: Nicola Delmonte, Paolo Cova, SANTORO, DANILO, Andrea Toscani, Giampaolo Buticchi
Parco Area delle Scienze, 181/A