- Curriculum Vitae
Mirko Morini (31 July 1980) graduated as a Bachelor of Science in Material Engineering in 2003 with mark of 110/110 summa cum laude, a Master of Science in Material Engineering in 2004 with mark of 110/110 summa cum laude and a PhD in Industrial Engineering at the University of Ferrara (supervisor: prof. R. Bettocchi) in 2008.
During his Ph.D. he had an internship from February to July 2006 at Alstom (a worldwide company operating in the field of energy systems, now Ansaldo Energia) in the TGNTP Thermal Integration Department in Baden (CH).
He is currently Associate Professor in Energy Systems and Fluid Machinery at the Department of Engineering and Architecture of the University of Parma.
Lecturer of "Renewable Energy Systems" for the Mechanical Engineering BSc Degree at the University of Ferrara from 2011 to 2019, Lecturer of “Dynamics and Control of Energy Systems” for the Mechanical Engineering MSc Degree since 2014, of “Fluid Machinery and Energy Systems” for the BSc Degree of Management Engineering since 2016 and of “Fluid Machinery for the Food Industry” for the MSc Degree of Engineering for Food Industry Equipment since 2019 at the University of Parma.
His main research activity focuses on (i) smart district energy, (ii) energy and economic analyses of energy chains based on biomass and biofuels; (iii) microCHP systems analysis; (iv) dynamic models for the simulation of turbomachines; (v) experimental investigation of turbomachine instabilities; (vi) analysis of the effect of blade deterioration on turbomachine performance, and, (vii) analysis of start-up transients of heavy duty gas turbines for cost killing and reliability enhancement.
Author of more than a hundred papers, 116 collected in the Scopus database (ID: 57211486412) with 1166 citations and a h-index equal to 20. According to Scival database in the last 5 years: (i) 11 papers (over 72) in the “top 10% most cited publications worldwide, (ii) 9 papers (over 72) in the “top 10% journals by SJR”.
“2006 Best Technical Paper Award” of the Oil and Gas Applications (OGA) Committee of the International Gas Turbine Institute (IGTI) of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), to the paper: “Development of a One-Dimensional Modular Dynamic Model for the Simulation of Surge in Compression Systems”, Paper GT2006-90134.
“2007 Best Application Paper Award” of the OGA Committee of the IGTI of the ASME, to the paper: “Application of a One-Dimensional Modular Dynamic Model for Compressor Surge Avoidance”, Paper GT2007-27041.
“2009 Best Paper Award” of the OGA Committee of the IGTI of the ASME, to the paper: “CFD Simulation of Fouling on Axial Compressor Stages”, Paper GT2009-59025.
“2014 Best Paper Award” of the OGA Committee of the IGTI) of the ASME, to the paper: “Quantitative CFD Analyses of Particle Deposition on an Axial Compressor Blade: Part II: Impact Kinematics and Particle Sticking Analysis”, Paper GT2014-25473.
• From 23rd February 2017: Research Unit coordinator of the project “SYNBIOSE - Gassificazione di biomasse lignocellulosiche in sistemi di cogenerazione di piccola taglia ( • From 19th July 2019: Coordinator of the project “CoACh – Cold management in Agro-food Chains: solutions for process digitalization” funded by Emilia-Romagna Region European Regional Development Fund.
• From 1st November 2019: Coordinator of the project “DISTRHEAT - Digital Intelligent and Scalable conTrol for Renewables in HEAting neTworks” funded by “2018 joint transnational call for Regional Energy Systems projects in Europe, the REGSYS joint call” of the European Research Area Network Smart Energy Systems.
2016-2017 “Definition of an algorithm for the smart control of multi-source energy systems for residential and tertiary sector buildings”, purchaser Siram Veolia.
2018-2019 “Development of an MPC device for the control of heat distribution networks”, purchaser Siram Veolia.
2019 “Scientific support in the analysis of the plant configuration of the Fiumicino Airport energy system”, purchaser Aeroporti di Roma S.p.A.
Supervision of students
Supervisor of 1 PhD student in Industrial Engineering at University of Parma (XXXIII cycle) and co-supervisor of 1 PhD student in Industrial Engineering at University of Ferrara (XXVI cycle), supervisor of 6 research fellows and more than 10 theses for Master and Bachelor degrees in Mechanical Engineering and in Management Engineering at University of Parma and University of Ferrara.
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2020/2021
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2019/2020
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2018/2019
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2017/2018
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2016/2017
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2015/2016
- Course year: 2 - Second cycle degree - Mechanical Engineering - A.Y.: 2014/2015
- First cycle degree (DM 270) MANAGEMENT ENGINEERING A.Y. 2021/2022
- First cycle degree (DM 270) MANAGEMENT ENGINEERING A.Y. 2020/2021
- First cycle degree (DM 270) MANAGEMENT ENGINEERING A.Y. 2019/2020
- Second cycle degree ENGINEERING FOR FOOD INDUSTRY EQUIPMENT A.Y. 2018/2019
- First cycle degree (DM 270) MANAGEMENT ENGINEERING A.Y. 2017/2018
- Second cycle degree MECHANICAL ENGINEERING A.Y. 2015/2016
- Second cycle degree ENGINEERING FOR FOOD INDUSTRY EQUIPMENT A.Y. 2020/2021
Year: 2021Author/s: SALETTI, COSTANZA, MORINI, Mirko, GAMBAROTTA, Agostino
Optimization of energy and economic scheduling of a hybrid energy plant by using a dynamic programming approachYear: 2021Author/s: MORINI, Mirko
Development, analysis and application of a predictive controller to a small-scale district heating systemYear: 2020Author/s: SALETTI, COSTANZA, GAMBAROTTA, Agostino, MORINI, Mirko
Setup and testing of smart controllers for small-scale district heating networks: An integrated frameworkYear: 2020Author/s: DE LORENZI, ANDREA, GAMBAROTTA, Agostino, MORINI, Mirko, ROSSI, MICHELE, SALETTI, COSTANZA
Year: 2020Author/s: CANDIDO, ANTONIO, MORINI, Mirko