- Curriculum Vitae
- Orario di ricevimento
Fabrizio Moroni is a mechanical engineer. Fabrizio earned the Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2006 (110/110 cum laude) at the University of Parma with a thesis entitled “Fracture and fatigue properties of structural epoxy adhesives”. From 01/2007 to 12/2009, he attended the Ph.D. course in Industrial Engineering at the Industrial Engineering Department of the University of Parma. He obtained the Ph.D. title with a thesis entitled "Testing and modeling of the strength of structural hybrid joints". During his Ph.D. course, he spent three months at the Henkel Research and Development Centre, located in Munich, dealing with testing and modelling of bonded and hybrid-bonded joints. From 2010 to 2015, he worked as research fellow at the SITEA.PARMA Interdepartmental Center. The research was focused on the development and design of innovative joining technique for the food industry machinery.
The strong collaboration with Henkel Italia and several food industry machinery manufacturers, leads to the establishment of the “Bonded Joint Manufacturing and Testing Laboratory” within the Laboratories of the Industrial Engineering Department of the University of Parma.
In 2014, within the SIR program, he applied for a 3 years grant for the project “SIMAB - Strength Improvement of Multimaterial Adhesively Bonded Joint”. The project was approved and funded by MIUR. The project deals with the development of surface treatments for the adhesion promotion in bonded joints. In particular, the project is addressed to the study of the mechanical connections within the food machinery. Since November 2015, Fabrizio is an assistant professor at the Engineering and Architecture Department of the University of Parma.
He has been supervisor of more than 30 students for their bachelor and master degree thesis. The main topics have been: experimental tests on bonded joints (quasi static, fatigue, fracture), experimental tests on hybrid joints (quasi static), Finite element analysis of mechanical components, crack growth simulation in aeronautics reinforced panels.
He carried out several Research projects in co-operation with other University (Polytechnic of Milan, University of Bologna, University of Calabria, University of Genova) concerning testing and modeling of bonded joints and composite nano-reinforced materials.
He also took part to other important industrial research projects with:
- Pirelli Tyres, Milano: development of a methodology for the prediction of rolling resistance based on finite element analysis (Finite element simulation)
- Glemgas, Modena: development of innovative joining solution for cooking ovens (Experimental tests and finite element simulation)
- Henkel, Milano: adhesive creep characterization of solar panel adhesives (Experimental tests and finite element simulation)
- Henkel, Milano: definition of a simple methodology for the characterization of special purpose adhesive for railways application (Experimental tests and finite element simulation)
- Promec, Parma: development of innovative joining solutions for a food machinery frame. (Mechanical design)
- Emec, Modena: development of innovative joining system for ceramic tiles preassemblies: process and plant. (Mechanical Design and Experimental Tests)
- Dallara, Parma: static and fracture characterization of hybrid (metal-composite) bonded joints
- LuVe, Varese: development (testing and design) of bonded connection for heat exchangers
His main research interests are:
- Designing, testing and modelling of bonded and hybrid bonded connections
- Definition of a fatigue crack growth simulation model for interfaces (bonded joints or composites materials)
- Adhesion promotion methodologies in adhesively bonded joints.
The result of his research have been published in
- More than 50 Papers publishes in international journals
- 5 Book Chapters
- More than 40 Conference presentations
- 2 Patents
- ITPR20130019 (A1) - Nodo Strutturale Universale
- EP2565126 (A1) - Operating machine
Il docente riceve su appuntamento, concordato via mail.
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2022/2023
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2021/2022
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2020/2021
- Anno di corso: 2 - Laurea triennale (DM 270) - INGEGNERIA GESTIONALE - Coorte: 2019/2020
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2019/2020
- Anno di corso: 2 - Laurea triennale (DM 270) - INGEGNERIA GESTIONALE - Coorte: 2018/2019
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2018/2019
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2017/2018
Anno accademico di erogazione: 2016/2017
Docente di riferimento
- Corso di Laurea Magistrale INGEGNERIA MECCANICA A.A. 2022/2023
- Laurea triennale (DM 270) INGEGNERIA GESTIONALE A.A. 2021/2022
- Laurea triennale (DM 270) INGEGNERIA GESTIONALE A.A. 2019/2020
- Laurea triennale (DM 270) INGEGNERIA GESTIONALE A.A. 2018/2019
- Laurea triennale (DM 270) INGEGNERIA GESTIONALE A.A. 2017/2018
Dipartimento di Ingegneria e Architettura
sede Scientifica (cubi)
Palazzina 8, primo piano.
Parco area delle Scienze 181/A
43124 - Parma